Sunday 5/04 BMP

Razor

Well Razor did you take out anybody or what any FAST turbo cars there, what did you run:D

It was like a miniature Bowling Green yesterday..No slow Buicks..

I ran 8 times :) best was

Worst was a 12.30 (sorted a bad connection)..4 TTA's in attendance..

I was dethroned yesterday :( by another TTA..yes the mystery one made it..he had run 11.76 then 11.9x so I figured it would be a good race..we lined up..he ended up running 11.45 to my 11.92@112.4 :rolleyes: od shift, sleep at the line.etc..wasnt my turn..I guess that NOS was used for more than launching :eek:
He even shut the car down early..Mark if ya read this hope all is well with it. I didnt see you run the car anymore after that run.

Jorge from Miami and Orlando were knocking down some low 10's and really good time was to be had by all.

Wish it were december weather..and I need a new rear..my one legger wasnt cutting it yesterday..i've gone from 1.6 to 1.8's.. had I had a 1.6 sixty..would have beaten my best run..ohh well..94.4 in the 1/8 aint too bad.

Thats my recap..

Cant bring a knife to a gun fight :D

Next time...buwahaha :eek:

Julio

Re: Fast 109 block

Originally posted by REBAL T
Hey Razor who are you referring to with the fastest 109 block down south. :)

I see you want to start World War III with this question..I think we all know the answer to this question ;)

I've cuased enough trouble...hehe maybe in a couple days :D

Re: GOTOA6

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
Julio, how about the place in Homestead, so we don't attract a bunch of idiots with their rice-crap?

Hey should of had a v-8 let's do it this sat. or sun. Homestead is fine I know a few places, I'm e-mailing you my number let know.

GOTOA6

Julio:

That's fine, however, I think we'll do something during the week when it's not prime time for the punks. Let's not get too specific where.......definitely not the typical areas. You know I'll drive my car on the street, as I did recently when you saw it at FuddRuckers, but I'll be trailering it for this. I was thinking Tuesday-Thursday. PM me with whenever's good for you.

GOTOA6

Julio:

So, to get the formalities out of the way, it was fun meeting up with you. Anyway, I had to deflate that Machismo ego of yours.

Damn, your s**t scoots for the first half. I was getting scared for a while there until my MPH took over (all 150+ baby!!!). Thank god my MPH finally did it's thing in the end. Took so long I was thinking I would never get by you.

Those damn Grand Nationals dead hook out of the hole. Good thing I brought VHT (even though you talked me into letting you use some, I didn't want you crying too much). BTW, my 150+ MPH was the only thing that saved the day for me. For anybody else out there thinking GOTOA6 ain't got nuthin, better think again real hard.

Later......
:cool:

Re: GOTOA6

Julio:

So, to get the formalities out of the way, it was fun meeting up with you. Anyway, I had to deflate that Machismo ego of yours.

Damn, your s**t scoots for the first half. I was getting scared for a while there until my MPH took over (all 150+ baby!!!). Thank god my MPH finally did it's thing in the end. Took so long I was thinking I would never get by you.

Those damn Grand Nationals dead hook out of the hole. Good thing I brought VHT (even though you talked me into letting you use some, I didn't want you crying too much). BTW, my 150+ MPH was the only thing that saved the day for me. For anybody else out there thinking GOTOA6 ain't got nuthin, better think again real hard.

Later......
:cool:

So how much did you set him out?? Did you give him the move also?? Was it a marked 1/4?? If you are interested in running some other guys on the street, I am sure we can set something up were you could potentially make some $$, if you play your cards right.

We went heads up for free, I decided I didn't want any crying (with a spot) and GOTOA6 car comes out hard, but like most of the Grand Nationals I've seen, the MPH is on the low side. In the end, it was about a 3 car lead. He had bigger slicks than I did. In actuality, street racing is a little nerve racking with the possibility of cops, etc. Plus, my car is loud even with mufflers. Probably would limit future races to the track.

We went heads up for free, I decided I didn't want any crying (with a spot) and GOTOA6 car comes out hard, but like most of the Grand Nationals I've seen, the MPH is on the low side. In the end, it was about a 3 car lead. He had bigger slicks than I did. In actuality, street racing is a little nerve racking with the possibility of cos, etc. Plus, my car is loud even with mufflers. Probably would limit future races to the track.

Well, lets see here, if you go 154, and you beat him by 3 cars, unless you spun real bad or he hooked that good, sounds like he is atleast a 145 trap car, which is not exactly low.;) :D Sounds like a good race, from your description.:D

Things never go the way you want them to on the street. Usually, with traction being less than ideal, plus conditions, etc.
I've seen too many times where somebody races somebody else that runs -----(whatever, fill in the blank) beats them by two cars and then assumes they are two tenths faster. They find out that the car they raced didn't run the same number as it does at the track, and then they too are disappointed. I can assure my car did not 60 ft 1.31 like at the track. That's all the difference in the world. I can't sat GOTO's MPH, but his holeshot was what messed me up. That's 2/3 of the race.

Things never go the way you want them to on the street. Usually, with traction being less than ideal, plus conditions, etc.
I've seen too many times where somebody races somebody else that runs -----(whatever, fill in the blank) beats them by two cars and then assumes they are two tenths faster. They find out that the car they raced didn't run the same number as it does at the track, and then they too are disappointed. I can assure my car did not 60 ft 1.31 like at the track. That's all the difference in the world. I can't sat GOTO's MPH, but his holeshot was what messed me up. That's 2/3 of the race.

Very good points made, I am surprised you accepted a street race, with as much car as you have, that is a lot to bring out on the street. :eek: I guess GOTO, wanted no part of a race at Moroso?

What we need to do is line up ShouldofhadaV-8 with the black AMF Mustang at the track (Moroso) for a mustang vs mustang race!!! Their nitrous fed 347ci Stang against his supercharged 347ci Stang.... Poweradder Mustang against poweradder Mustang heads-up no BS for fun at the track! This would be one helluva race IMHO, but the only problem is would they be willing to race for free?? Also, this would have to be a N/T (No Times) race because I've never seen the AMF boys show anybody what they run and if they got beat or depending on how close the race is it would give some idea as to how fast they really are!

Doubt it will ever happen, but it would be cool to see!

86 Brick

Already seen him run. He goes 8.80's (don't ask how I know). I am max'ed out on my blower. My car's got more in it. Hey, after running 9.14, I drove my car to a Car meet at a FuddRuckers the following Monday which is 14 miles round trip. Temperature never rose above 160.
So, I still say it's more of a street car than most running in that range.

Re: 86 Brick

Already seen him run. He goes 8.80's (don't ask how I know). I am max'ed out on my blower. My car's got more in it. Hey, after running 9.14, I drove my car to a Car meet at a FuddRuckers the following Monday which is 14 miles round trip. Temperature never rose above 160.
So, I still say it's more of a street car than most running in that range.

Your Stang is very impressive for running those times and still driving it on the street and I agree that most running in that range can't do that! As far as the black AMF Stang I've been told they run in the low 9's to high 8 second range so that sounds right.... It's a good thing they didn't take the race against Cal cause they would have lost their lunch money!:eek: :D

Later.

If that Mustang leaves first (against Cal) he might have a big problem. Does it take the GN's with a big wheel a while to spool?

thats racing..lots of "ifs".. no it doesnt take a big ferris wheel a long time to spool..if it did..he wouldnt run what he does. hint "transbrake"

Actually any race between cars at that level is a close one..becuase both have to be on top of theyre game.

Look at top fuel and funny cars..ever go to an event..how many times they shut down the motors..they have million dollar budgets..likewise if either spins while leaving..race is over...would be a fun run having two cars that are close run. And Cal's is no sloutch..

154 huh..thats fast..there a Porsche here that drives to the track on 18 inch drag radials..no cool down..pulls up..goes...traps 150 through the exhuast.. twin 63 turbo's...theyre getting a little motor work done to get it to 160 :D ..10.0's for time..

It depends on the setup, but I don't think Cal would have this problem because of his setup.... Last time I checked he has a Turbo 400 w/ a trans-brake, a 4500 stall converter, and a nice Innovative Turbo Multi Stage Boost controller so I don't think he'd have this problem! When I saw him run 8.57 @160mph at the Snow Bird Nats (this was at BMP) he didn't have any problem cutting a good light and he was one of the faster guys in that 10.5" tire class at that event if my memory serves me correct.... Matter of fact the only guy I remember seeing that went faster in that class was his customer who has a Stang with a 331ci single (91mm) turbo motor (think he went 8.4x @164mph that day)....

That AMF Stang is a very impressive car and it is one of the best looking I think I've ever seen (it's really a clean car that looks very mean with that black paint and nice custom rims).... I don't know how he gets away without having a 'chute on that car if it is going more than 150mph though:confused: