Stumbling Issues

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
This is kinda hard to explain but Im gonna give it a shot. Alright, so at WOT my TR is losing power. This is an intermident problem I have been having over the last two weeks. During hard acceleration thru first gear things are normal...shift into 2nd and as the car gets in to boost, around 8 lbs, the car seems like its hitting a rev limiter of some sorts. The car will buck with power then lose power then power will come back. Weird Huh? Ive checked for boost leaks but everything is tight and snug.

I had MAF sensor issue about a month ago but its has been replaced. All be it with an Autozone MAF but the car is not throwing that code anymore. I do have an EGR code that popped up as well. I reset the computer to clear the code but the loss of power problem is still occuring. I dont get paid until the end of the week so I will replace the EGR valve then and pray that is the issue.

I wouldn't put too much faith in that Autozone rebuilt maf being calibrated correctly for a turbo regal.

i agree bro...i work for autozone and you wouldnt believe the amount of returns we recieve on MAFs across the board for all vehicle applications. that maf was in my price range and i needed to repair the car so i could get to work. im searching for ls1 mafs as we speak.

Well... it ain't the egr..... sounds like it may be going lean, pulling timing, then surging back, etc.... NOT GOOD! do you have a scan tool? need more info....

I had that same problem a while back, the car would be ok until I got in the boost about where you say and it would break up real bad. I found that the reluctor wheel on the balancer was slightly tapping the crank sensor, put on a new sensor and adjusted.....problem fixed.

I would also not put much faith in the Autozone Mafs, your problem still may be there and I would also consider either the ignition module or the coil pack. You may be loosing spark ebergy under boost.....I have had that problem too....I put on a type 2 coil and problem fixed.

Good luck!