Stumbling and shutting off HELP!!!

BoostedTtype

I recently changed my plugs to (autolite 23). Before I changed the plugs car had a full boost issue thet would cause the are to stumble and miss at high boost. Car is basically stock.

As I was changing the plugs I realized that the car didnt have any coolant in it :eek: so I proceeded to add coolant until full. Then too my suprise I start the car up and its running worse than before. It now has a very faint idle and a miss along with shake at idle. I recently purchased the car and I think since I have had it there probably hasnt been any coolant in it.:confused: The previous plugs were bosch platinum 4

Why would leveling coolant off make a car idle bad or shut off at high boost?

stumble

you might have a blown head gasket.you should have a compression check done on each cylinder. look for oil and anti freeze mix in the radiator.
hope thats not the case.
mike

hhmm, you don't have a spark pug boot off a little do ya? Also do have a multi meter? You should check the ohms in each wire. Can't remember off the top of my head ohms for foot, but its not too hard to find.

Try running the car for a minute then quickly pull the plugs and look at em.

Hope this helps a little

Oh yeah do you have a scan tool, scan master, direct scan or anything like that? Might want to check for Knock retard (Kr).

Did you drop one of the plugs while installation? it could close the gap and make it miss,I did that once and I have bought new plugs and one be bad brand new.

:confused: Today I went and attempted to have the car diagnosed. I ended up changing the wires, injectors, and having the car tuned and I am still I having the same problems. The mechanics said that if I had a blown head gasket the problems would be worst but they didnt compression test it.

It stumbles under boost and the check engine comes on. But when I let up off the throttle the light goes off.

I had a similar problem, it was the mass air flow sensor.

With the car running tap on the mass air flow sensor,if the idle changes that could be your problem.The ces lights comes on if its to lean.:smile:

I will check the radiator to see if the coolants a odd color

I tried tapping the MAF and it doesnt change the idle at all.

I gapped the plugs at 32 and didnt drop any during installation.

A buddy of mine tried to pull a code with a scan tool and he couldnt get any codes from it:(

I spent over 700.00 bucks today and still havent even figured what the problem is :mad:

I guess I will try getting the compression tested next

First of all the Bosch Platinums are a big no-no on these cars. A high rpm miss/boost sputter could be a number of things. I myself had several worn cam lobes causing my issue. I would check(ohm) plug wires then start looking toward other ignition related parts. Crank sensor rubbing-loose, bad coil pack, bad ign module, loose cam sensor bolt inside cap, etc..

The list could go on and on. Check all of your grounds on the back of your pasenger head and the main ground from negative battery to front of block.

Whats the fuel pressure at WOT? Whens the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Well Today I spent some time troubleshooting and I realized that after the car ran for a while the coolant in the reservior would bubble. So I took a look in there and it was alot of brown residue :mad: and the coolant looked really brown or coffee like.

The oil dipstick is regular though.

What does this mean?

I was fooling around with the car today and I found that the starter wire was burned pretty bad from the right manifold sitting on it. I would guess under acceleration the manifold would touch this and give me the check engine light.

So I went out for a drive and the car would still cut out at high boost. I think it was detonating (kind of popping or backfiring).

What causes this?

Is it a fuel issue?

My fuel regulator is adjustable should I turn it up?