Stuck tv ?

counterman

I just reinstalled my freshly rebuilt 200 od in my GN, and, of course, I am having trouble. I had it done by a local tech who has a good reputation, and does hp stuff, too. In any case, I have good reverse and first gears--no problem. Shifting from park or neutral to either drive or reverse is firm with no indication of trouble. However, on my slow shakedown cruise around my neighborhood, I discovered that the trans will shift from 1 to 2 on its own, as usual. However, it obviously slips heavily in 2nd, and nearly free wheels if given throttle. I did not mash down on it, obviously, as I was just making the block around the street. I don't want to roast this thing, so I just put it back in my shed. I readjusted my tv cable, and it clicks 2-3 ribs in from the end each time. No problem there. The trans behaves the same. Before I run this thing up on my trailer and bring the whole car to the shop, what are your opinions? Could it be a stuck tv in the valve body? Thanks in advance. Counterman.

Maybe the builder missed the apply lug on assembly. Or the the servo assembly is bottoming out and not fully applying. It might need a longer pin etc. Or a servo seal problem.