Street Trim Times?

Sleeper-6

Hey guys, What times have you been able to run with your combo in street trim? Since that's where I spend most of my time, What do you think my combo below would be capable of in street trim once I get it tuned ? With DR's of course.

I know FUBAR has gone 11.65 w/a 1.70 shorttime[60 foot].
He did have Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on for the run[the smoke show at the line was awesome],full exhaust.
Because of your heads,exhaust,etc.,I would speculate 12.75 or so with a good short time.
Work on the exhaust and make sure you've got good airflow distribution in the intake.
That'll help[maybe 2-3 tenths].
Then get it tuned for race gas,and look for mid elevens.

Well you have a few more goodies on the car than me, so you should be a low 12 car on the street with decent tuning.
My sig is street trim, 92 octane.

Best time with TE44, blues, SMC, 3000 stall, & 255 radials has been 12.30@111 w/1.80 60'. Your results may vary. 11.50 maybe?

That's the plan.

Radius, You pretty much nailed my plan. I was just wondering what I could do with 94 oct in the tank, since that's what in there most of the time anyway. I'm in on the Mease DP group purchase, and will be going with an ATR exhaust sometime soon. ofr now I'm waiting for my chip from BrutalSix so I can get my injecters in and see what what it feels like. Until then I'll be keeping a light foot since I can't properly fuel this turbo with the the ones I have now. :cool:

You will NEVER get that car to 60 with a TE61 and a 2800 converter. I have a 61 and 3000 stall and its a bit tight. Although, with a good short time I dont see why 12.0 @ 109ish on pump gas wouldnt be possible.

We'll see....

I was afraid of that, putzing around town it seems a little doggy, but not what I would consider bad. Since my car is in a lousy state of tune It may get a little better. I'll feel it out once I get everything worked out. Since I only Have about 800 miles on this converter, Maybe I'll give Eric a call over at Dynotech and see what he can do for me.

Mine are in the siggy. from last year.

Hope to do better April 25th track rental. :)

You should get the 12.0 at 111 with some good tuning.

Went to the track today, went 11.80s @ 115.

These times were with slicks, but our track isn't very grippy and I'll be the first to say I need to learn how to drive through a better launch.

Best 60' was 1.76. Done better than that at Baytown On 275 50 15s Nittos. that track is awesome.

Combo: 91 octane, SMC, te52, 50#ers, EP fmic, ATR roller, ATR exhaust, translator and extender, Race Jace power plate.

I love it when you pull up to the burnout box and hear someone say, "Yeah, and it's a six cylinder."
Time to get it on with a race chip and some good smellin gas.

Mine is a 7.87 at 90mph witha 1.80 60' on 93 pump and 16# boost in the 1/8.I just installed a posi today,so maybe I'll drop that 60' and get some 7.50 times or better.That would be high 11s in the 1/4 in street trim if I can make it happen.

Re: That's the plan.

Originally posted by Sleeper-6
Radius, You pretty much nailed my plan. I was just wondering what I could do with 94 oct in the tank, since that's what in there most of the time anyway. I'm in on the Mease DP group purchase, and will be going with an ATR exhaust sometime soon. ofr now I'm waiting for my chip from BrutalSix so I can get my injecters in and see what what it feels like. Until then I'll be keeping a light foot since I can't properly fuel this turbo with the the ones I have now. :cool:

You're on the right thought path.
To keep the engine from detonating takes proper airflow distribution and deep breathing underboost.
A good chip will help lots too.
I can attest to that as I use Testa chips for the most part.:)

Last year an event was too crowded so I left my car untouched street driven. 93 street chip, 17* boost, full tank pump gas (no alchy) BFG drag radials and 200lbs of tools and supplies in the trunk. I cranked out a 11.91@ 116 and 11.90@116. I think I turned the A/C off;)

I went 12.50's @ 107 with about 19psi and some terrible 1.76 60's on E/T drags a few weeks ago at Bradenton. I was running a gas mix pretty close to the xylene mix that I run full time on the street. Their was a bad 15-20 mph head wind that day too. Overall I was really happy driving 250 miles over, racing, and driving 250 miles back. :cool:

we are trying to go to track rental this friday and I plan to make a couple passes on my street chip and see how it does..i'll be on good fuel but will have th boost down where I normally do with 93 octane so it shouldnt have an effect on it

I think it will lay down some good times..I'm really wanting to see what I run on pump gas