Street testing in Gabby's t-type... E85 + nitrous : )

That Car is awesome , the front of the car seems to lift-off wow! Gabby knows these Buicks. Good guy too.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

not ony does Gabby knows these cars but he can drive the shxt out of them. and there are many in the palmtree pose that hold the secerts too. Cal Hartline, Laz, Don Cruz, Jeff Roddick, JD, Orlando all these boys have been in the 9,s.

Gabby if you are putting a 400TH transmission in the car? are you looking for a heavy duty drive shaft for a 400 because i have one with the 400 yoke and the u-joint are for a G/N rear end and it's in great shape $300.00 ship, it's 3 1/2 in dia. and it's not all rusted to hell if you interested let me know thank's Dan, I do have pics.

Dan i have one already. But i do have a friend who's interested in it. Can u post up some pics? Thanks!

Gabby here a few pics, it's hard to get the hole drive shaft in one pic , But i did get this threw JB Racing in Montreal, And it was done bi a company called Traction Anjou it's even got a phone number on the sticker.

Attachments

• buick 117.jpg
    buick 117.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 243
  • buick 116.jpg
    buick 116.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 240
  • buick 114.jpg
    buick 114.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 239
  • buick 118.jpg
    buick 118.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 231
Dan i'm waiting for my buddy's reply. I'll get back to you if so. Thanks!

WOW 43 PSI unheard of for a 109 im afraid to push mine to 30

I think a lot of people don't realize what it takes to push these motors. Again, boost is just a number. It really is a measure of how poorly your motor flows air on its own. That's why LS engines make power on less boost, but less boost does not make less stress on the motor. A Stage II car at 17psi from a 4788 needs more octane and a better tune than a stock 109 @ 30+psi from a TE44.

A Stage II car at 17psi from a 4788 needs more octane and a better tune than a stock 109 @ 30+psi from a TE44.
i disagree with this. The engine is what will determine the potential mass flow in that example and it shouldn't need a lot of octane to make 700hp either. The turbo doesn't dictate octane requirements

i disagree with this. The engine is what will determine the potential mass flow in that example and it shouldn't need a lot of octane to make 700hp either. The turbo doesn't dictate octane requirements

I just always figured dynamic compression would determine octane requirements. I'm pretty sure a 274" V6 with good heads would have higher dynamic compression at 17psi from a big turbo than a stock 231" 109 when running a TE44 all out. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd think even the stage II making 700hp would need a little more octane than pump gas unless you could spin 10,000rpm. Pump/alky maybe but definitely a dual nozzle wouldn't you think? And isn't that pretty much race gas territory then anyway? I only have experience tuning one Stage II car, and I know you know your stuff. We never tried just pump gas; we always run no lead 104. I'm sure it has a high ethanol content, but it's a street car, so they didn't want to run race gas and were always too scared to try it on pump 91. It went 138mph on 17psi though, so I'd be really hard pressed to believe that could be done on 91 octane.

No. You can't really fill the cylinder more than 100% in either situation. The stage 2 with big cam and much higher runner volume and larger valves will have a much higher rpm potential and will likely have a much lower mass efficiency below 5500 rpm than the stock engine. Cylinder pressure and heat will determine octane requirements for the most part . If you increase engine speed 2000 rpm and are filling the cylinder with clean charge air you have increased mass flow a boat load over the low rpm high boost engine. It's not even close. You likely be running into back pressure with the te44 on the stock engine and that reduces te mass efficiency a lot and raises octane requirement even more.

No. You can't really fill the cylinder more than 100% in either situation. The stage 2 with big cam and much higher runner volume and larger valves will have a much higher rpm potential and will likely have a much lower mass efficiency below 5500 rpm than the stock engine. Cylinder pressure and heat will determine octane requirements for the most part . If you increase engine speed 2000 rpm and are filling the cylinder with clean charge air you have increased mass flow a boat load over the low rpm high boost engine. It's not even close. You likely be running into back pressure with the te44 on the stock engine and that reduces te mass efficiency a lot and raises octane requirement even more.

Thanks. Makes sense.