Street/Drag Setup?

R.I.P.92Rolla

Car is at stock height...would eventually like to lower it and do some shocks. Want mainly for street/drag strip. I will eventually want to do control arms, etc...but for now I am just looking for a good setup that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Rent a Press, an change out all your control arm bushings front an back with Urathane,by some bilitstein shocks,don't lower it,you'll need the suspenstion travel for racing..in all you'll have massive labor on your part but only $200 roughly out your pocket

Enjoy!

really? not even like an inch drop? are there different types of bilstein shocks? and what kind of bushings do you recommend brand wise?

Rear lower control arms and either an air bag on pass side, or the big sway bar, and some drag radials is all thats needed.

really? not even like an inch drop? are there different types of bilstein shocks? and what kind of bushings do you recommend brand wise?

Drop it only if want to corner better,for drag racing it's not needed an might get into tire rub issues,(you need big tire out back,L60's are cheap an hook),the Circle Track AK Series are made for G-bodys from Bilistein($68 for all 4 ),Energy Sus. for the bushings Mainly do the rears,On the rear control arms, have someone weld a plate to the open area on your control arms, then you have Boxed control arms!,make sure it's trimmed for rear end clearance/movement..Basicly start in the back an work forward...8^)

Enjoy!

1.48 60' leaving off the foot brake

Boxed lower control arms
Energy Suspension bushings upper and lower control arms
Air bags LT and RT
Competition Engineering 3-way adjustable drag shocks, front and rear
Stock rear sway bar, front sway bar removed
MT drag radials

1.48 60' leaving off the foot brake

Boxed lower control arms
Energy Suspension bushings upper and lower control arms
Air bags LT and RT
Competition Engineering 3-way adjustable drag shocks, front and rear
Stock rear sway bar, front sway bar removed
MT drag radials

Thank you sir.. That looks like a good combo.

Stock springs still?

Stock springs work the best. Stock replacement shocks work great (yellow Monroe). Poly bushings, box the lower arms or get aftermarket arms if using a larger stock style swaybar. ATR bar and passenger side air bag. Keep putting air in the bag until the car leaves level, even if it is 30+psi. The swaybar will allow you to run less air in the airbag. Forget about the driver's side airbag. This set up will work great down into the 10's and 60's in the 1.4's. MT 275/60 drag radials or for a poor track 28x9 or 28x10.5 slicks work awesome. IMO, umi tubular control arms are cheap and worth not having to replace the bushings in the stock arms. Get te poly bushings for the rear end ears and bolt in the new arms. I also like the support bars that go from the lower to upper mounts.

thanks guys for info too
ive just got a set of airbags coming. ill just try 1 and still have a spare ;)

do you also disconnect/remove the front sway bar to?

Just for reference, without a big rear sway bar you may not want to remove the front bar as it will effect driving on the street.

thanks for the info, my car is still unregistered here in Australia
having too much fun racing it at the moment.
gotta feeling next time out ill be banned till its caged and meets our drag racing requirements. (got a new tweak chip coming for 23-25lb's and the airbag setup to install before i race next)

control arm relocation brackets necessary?? I know they are cheap and weld in... how bad would it affect street driving?

Keep it simple dude.......box the lowers, put in new bushings in the rear end and control arms maybe air bags for the read too. I would not disconnect the front sway bar while driving on the street, they are already a lot to handle in the curves.

With your current setup, you probably will not benefit from all those extra mods like lowering the mounting points for the LCA. Once you get into the 11's, then you can look at advanced chassis tuning equipment.

I know that..but I am saying to lower the bolt in points...to increase traction.. or so they say.

Not needed, the G-Bodies 60ft great with stock suspension set up. All thats needed is strengthening the rlca's (either box them or put in solids) and stop the twist (either a big rear sway bar or air bag on pass side)
Anything more than that is just personal preference and probably not necessary.
Ive personally seen the stock style set up 60 ft in the 1.2-1.3 range