Stop Drinking Coca Cola..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
It's been a few months now that i finally stopped drinking coca cola on a daily basis...i do cheat once in a while but i've managed to control it and with the soft drinks...in just 2 weeks i noticed a difference i felt better, honestly!.. here are some quick facts about Coca Cola you should know..

When somebody drinks a Coke, watch what happens.
In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
In just over 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

In just over 60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
In just over 60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

So there you have it, an avalanche of destruction in a single can. Imagine drinking this day after day, week after week. Stick to water, real juice from fresh squeezed fruit, and tea without sweetener.

lol i used to drink pepsi but the i fell for coke :confused:

no but seriously
The Lancet demonstrated a strong link between soda consumption and childhood obesity. They found that 12-year-olds who drank soft drinks regularly were more likely to be overweight than those who didn't. In fact, for each additional daily serving of sugar-sweetened soft drink consumed during the nearly two-year study, the risk of obesity jumped by 60 percent.

Here’s another sobering fact if you’re struggling with weight issues: Just one extra can of soda per day can add as much as 15 pounds to your weight over the course of a single year!

Other statistics on the health dangers of soft drinks include:
One soda per day increases your risk of diabetes by 85 percent
Soda drinkers have higher cancer risk. While the federal limit for benzene in drinking water is 5 parts per billion (ppb), researchers have found benzene levels as high as 79 ppb in some soft drinks, and of the 100 brands tested, most had at least some detectable level of benzene present.
Soda has been shown to cause DNA damage – courtesy of sodium benzoate, a common preservative found in many soft drinks, which has the ability to switch off vital parts of your DNA. This could eventually lead to diseases such as cirrhosis of the liver and Parkinson's.

lol i used to drink pepsi but the i fell for coke :confused:

no but seriously
The Lancet demonstrated a strong link between soda consumption and childhood obesity. They found that 12-year-olds who drank soft drinks regularly were more likely to be overweight than those who didn't. In fact, for each additional daily serving of sugar-sweetened soft drink consumed during the nearly two-year study, the risk of obesity jumped by 60 percent.

Here’s another sobering fact if you’re struggling with weight issues: Just one extra can of soda per day can add as much as 15 pounds to your weight over the course of a single year!

Other statistics on the health dangers of soft drinks include:
One soda per day increases your risk of diabetes by 85 percent
Soda drinkers have higher cancer risk. While the federal limit for benzene in drinking water is 5 parts per billion (ppb), researchers have found benzene levels as high as 79 ppb in some soft drinks, and of the 100 brands tested, most had at least some detectable level of benzene present.
Soda has been shown to cause DNA damage – courtesy of sodium benzoate, a common preservative found in many soft drinks, which has the ability to switch off vital parts of your DNA. This could eventually lead to diseases such as cirrhosis of the liver and Parkinson's.

ONE SODA PER DAY INCREASES DIABETES BY 85%

Nasty stuff. I use to drink it every day as well. I've been coke free :confused: for over a year.

RL

lastly

Phosphoric Acid: Which can interfere with the body's ability to use calcium, leading to osteoporosis or softening of the teeth and bones.
Sugar: It is a proven fact that sugar increases insulin levels, which can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, weight gain, premature aging and many more negative side effects. Most sodas include over 100 percent of the RDA of sugar. Sugar is so bad for your health in so many ways, I even created an entire list outlining 100-Plus Ways in Which Sugar Can Damage Your Health
Aspartame: This chemical is used as a sugar substitute in diet soda. There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption including brain tumors, birth defects, diabetes, emotional disorders and epilispsy/seizures.
Caffeine: Caffeinated drinks cause jitters, insomnia, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood cholesterol levels, vitamin and mineral depletion, breast lumps, birth defects, and perhaps some forms of cancer.
Tap Water: I recommend that everyone avoid drinking tap water because it can carry any number of chemicals including chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, cadmium, and various organic pollutants. Tap water is the main ingredient in bottled soft drinks.
Clearly, the over-consumption of sodas and sweet drinks is one of the leading causes fueling the world-wide obesity epidemic.

i did this when i was a kid in a science class as an experiment it's true..and like an idiot i still drank soda till about 4 months ago.. am i fool... The acid breaks down the enamel of your teeth weakening your teeth, making them more sensitive to cold/hot. Ohh and Cavities!!

Nasty stuff. I use to drink it every day as well. I've been coke free :confused: for over a year.

RL

As have I!! I've been off diet coke for just over two years. Now drinking water exclusively! I used to drink it everyday, most often more than one per day everyday!

I am convinced that is was the cause of my bladder cancer. :mad: Doctor said the main cause of bladder cancer is smoking, but since I'm a non smoker, there had to be something else. Diet coke was my only other vice.

I now may have one about once a month if even that. Lot's of water! an occasional beer or glass of wine.

The same as any simple sugars and drinking coffee. Fwiw its not uncommon for me to eat 100-150g of dextrose and maltodextrin after a hard training session. The simplest of commercially available sugars. Sugar= insulin, which=recovery and growth. For the average non athlete drinking/eating sugary foods will increase insulin production and insulin resistance over time and lead to type 2 diabetes. You dont see lean athletes with type 2 yet they consume massive amounts of carbohydrates. Keep that toothbrush handy.

Bison you know to much about everything..:D knowledge is POWER..

but do you know how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? gotcha there..

Hardly ever drink sodas. Water mostly. Don't need the sugar or chemicals.

If you want a real life example of how nasty Coke is, put a leftover steak or other peice of meat in a bowl, in the fridge, and dump a can or two of coke in it and see what you have in a few days. Now imagine what that does to your body. But don't be fooled into thinking it's just coke. It's all processed sugars. High fructose corn syrup and all the nasty man made preservatives in all sodas is bad stuff. Keep in mind HFCS is in most juices today as well.

Stop drinking that poison and you will notice a huge difference in your body. You won't get the afternoon crash, your dentist appointments will be a breeze, and your mind will thank you 40 years from now.

Coke/Pepsi= Diabete's pretty much. Unless your one of them rare people that it doesnt effect. But its still doing serious damage to your body. Specially your teeth. My buddy lost all of his teeth with his addiction to Coke. No BS. kid goes to stores and buys like a 44oz soda with no ice so he can get more. Im more of a diet green tea drinker with ginsing. Non caffeinated of course.I rarely drink soda. If I do its with some alcoholic beverages. Other then that. I dont touch the stuff

lastly

Tap Water: I recommend that everyone avoid drinking tap water because it can carry any number of chemicals including chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, cadmium, and various organic pollutants. Tap water is the main ingredient in bottled soft drinks.
Clearly, the over-consumption of sodas and sweet drinks is one of the leading causes fueling the world-wide obesity epidemic.

Tap water should be filtered with a basic charcoal filtration system to remove said chemicals above. a special filter is usually needed to remove the Flouride. Yes, Flouride is very BAD for you. Just query the active ingredient in Prozac if you want to know more.

The problem i have is i love Green Tea, Sweet Tea, Coffee they all have caffeine n sugar + tea and coffee f up your teeth and makes them yellow... so i have to brush my teeth 4+times a day, plus whitening/floss etc.. so they wont be discolored. But im anal about my teeth and my breath.. Having a good smile and clean teeth makes a person more confident IMO

Dont really drink Coke too much anymore. Just had one yesterday for the first time since I can remember. Lately Diet Mountain Dew has been my only vice. Been drinking alot of water lately. Got a Brita pitcher a while back and I love it. I do drink one bottle of Gatorade a day while I'm at work so I dont think thats too big of a deal. I unload 53' trailers by hand for a living.

Snorting will f up your teeth too with all those crazy faces and grinding of teeth will :mad: break down your enamel and the hard ass boogers aint cool D...lol