Stomp! Crack!!!!

DorianL

Oops!!!!!

Hey all. I just had my car towed. Running a blown 400 SBChevy with 600ft/lbs and 620HP.

I rebuilt the trans with some goodies: hi pressure regulator, wide band + anchor, billet servo, billet anchor, shift kit, hardened stator, rollerized center support, D5, properly celaranced.

I am going 60 mph annoying a Porsche, stomp gas in third and shoot off. Shift in fourth and I hear... well I'm not sure - crack or backfire from rev limiter. All I know is that the trans let's go. No R and no FW. Just a whirring sound.

I shut down eveything and had it towed.

I am about to drop the trans but... kinda before hand... any clue what it could be?

Not that it really matters that much since I am 90% sure I'll have to drop the trans to find out.

I do not ahve a hardened input shaft.

Cheers

D.

x2 on the forward drum shaft.

That part needs to be a billet part to handle the kind of power you're making.

Since it happened going into 4th im goign to say stripped splines on the OD carrier. You cant run non/under accumulated oil to 4th since it will shock the carrier and crack it or break off the input.

CK has the Billet Forward Drum & O/D Ring Gear on sale, not the O/D Carrier or Input Shaft tho.' Sounds like he needs a package deal with that kind of power.

Hmmm, wiggling the low reverse clutch pack through the case... there is a LOT of play...

DSC06540.jpg

Planetary