stolen TTA 1025 near cherry hill mall NJ

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
one of our members just bought this car and it arrived last week and was just discovered stolen of the lot at the autostore in pensauken (haddonfeild road near the cherryhill mall)
they moved two cars to get at it
if you hear or see anything please contact me

I have pics, I can describe the car down to the t. That car will show back up. It will stand out like a sore thumb to me.

I can ID LOTS of parts off that car. Passenger fender was a 92, drivers fender had a little ripple. The dash was a 91/92 withe the cutout for the convertible top. The XM radio ID, all the 1G5 stickers. The serial off the Intercooler. I know that car very well. I know the trans builder very well and I know Mike, (Modern musclecars) does the turbo have a serial number? I'll help this guy in any way I can if he wants it back. I'm MAD someone took it.

I didn't think the Turbo Trans Am could be stolen unless someone tow it, at least that what I was told by someone who owns a Turbo Trans Am. I've thought about purchasing a TTA because my buddy told me the Key have a special Chip with in the key and without the key in the ignition, its difficult to start. IS this true or not? Can someone clarify? My wife and I thought about getting one since our T-Type got stolen so easy couple years back. The TTA are worth buying, but if it can be stolen as easy as a GN or TB, then I may have to rethink again. I don't want to make an investment into a TTA and live in fear.

the tta had VATS vehicle anti theft system which was a chip coded key

it can still be started even without the key , takes them a little longer (like 30 secs) with the right equipment, it may stop a novice wanting a joy ride but it wont stop those that target it ... if they really want your car they'll get it

I didn't think the Turbo Trans Am could be stolen unless someone tow it, at least that what I was told by someone who owns a Turbo Trans Am. I've thought about purchasing a TTA because my buddy told me the Key have a special Chip with in the key and without the key in the ignition, its difficult to start. IS this true or not? Can someone clarify? My wife and I thought about getting one since our T-Type got stolen so easy couple years back. The TTA are worth buying, but if it can be stolen as easy as a GN or TB, then I may have to rethink again. I don't want to make an investment into a TTA and live in fear.

Any car can be stolen at anytime if someone wants it. There is no special "chip" in the key of a TTA. I'm not going to get into how it works here on an open forum and you can PM me or e-mail me if you want to know how it works. Any 80's and 90's and even into 2000 GM car and or truck can be stolen just as easy as the next one. The mid to late 80's were horrible that's why GM came out with VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System) While it slowed down the stupid thief's the smart ones got around this in seconds.

Hidden kill switches, alarm, GPS tracking, and or any other installed security system is one of the few ways you can slow them down or make them move to the next car. If you are worried about your car being stolen that bad there are several GPS systems out there. I have one installed in my cars. I made a invisible "gate" around my cars with the GPS system. If one of my cars are moved from that area I get a text to my cell phone and e-mail. I can then log onto a web site and turn the car off remotely. It's almost the same set up as On Star. At least that way you know when it's moved. You can also track the speed of the car and follow the path it took. While I'm not in a bad area of Philadelphia if someone would attempt to take one of my cars they will find me on their door step real quick with Mr. 40 cal.

I worked for State Farm and Allstate insurance company all thru the mid to late 80's. And I towed plenty of cars with the VATS system on it.

the VATS was disabled. a screwdriver would have started that car. I didn't disable it. I got it from Grumpy that way

the VATS was disabled. a screwdriver would have started that car. I didn't disable it. I got it from Grumpy that way

From what I remember it was disconnected when they did the Remote Start. This still has me scratching my head on way someone stole it.. It's getting old enuff that guys know where all of them are around them . what the hell ya goin to do with the car ?? I mean if ya piece it out it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see a whole car being pieced out :mad: Well hope ya find it !!

That car will stick out like a sore thumb. IMHO it can never be sold we'll notice it.

That car will stick out like a sore thumb. IMHO it can never be sold we'll notice it.

thats why I don't understand why the hell would they take it ???? seems crazy to me . although they steal old muscle cars to nowadays :redface: If they catch them shoot em an just take the car home :cool:

I wonder if it was towed? Unlikely spot to be towed but ya never know. I find it hard to believe that anyone would leave a car like that at a mall of all places without multible kill switches or a Ravelco or Powerlock anti theft measure.

I guess some people just continue to learn the hard way.

I wonder if it was towed? Unlikely spot to be towed but ya never know. I find it hard to believe that anyone would leave a car like that at a mall of all places without multible kill switches or a Ravelco or Powerlock anti theft measure.

well if it wasn't towed they got away pretty damn fast. I do think it was out of alky tho so unless it was refilled they may have just blown the engine.
I used to park that thing in the ghetto all the time (Downtown Detroit) I don't think most ghetto dwellers knew what it was so I figured it was safe.
A GN or Notchback, no way in hell.

stolen TTA

i bought 3 cars that week (2 Ts and the TTA) and had them all dropped off at a friend's used car lot, one T was taken home supposed to be sold and the other went to a shop for some issues and the TTA was boxed in with other cars against a wall (a big Benz and a Volkswagen) thinkin it will be safe plus we had a rainstorm that day (Sunday), none of them were insured nor registered at that time due to my schedule. My friend also took some photos and advertised it on E-Bay and Craig's list.Monday mornin i got the bad news! didn't even had a chance to drive the darn thing:mad:

stolen TTA

well if it wasn't towed they got away pretty damn fast. I do think it was out of alky tho so unless it was refilled they may have just blown the engine.
I used to park that thing in the ghetto all the time (Downtown Detroit) I don't think most ghetto dwellers knew what it was so I figured it was safe.
A GN or Notchback, no way in hell.

i think it was towed Jim they might have used a repo rig based on how they moved the cars around it they might be professionals.

i bought 3 cars that week (2 Ts and the TTA) and had them all dropped off at a friend's used car lot, one T was taken home supposed to be sold and the other went to a shop for some issues and the TTA was boxed in with other cars against a wall (a big Benz and a Volkswagen) thinkin it will be safe plus we had a rainstorm that day (Sunday), none of them were insured nor registered at that time due to my schedule. My friend also took some photos and advertised it on E-Bay and Craig's list.Monday mornin i got the bad news! didn't even had a chance to drive the darn thing:mad:
Ouch.

tta #1025

i lost the transport money ($530.00 from Sterling Heights, Michigan)
Grundy will cover the cost of what i paid for the car no more no less as my current policy says any car i buy is covered for the first 14 days regardless whether the car was insured or registered in my name at the time it was stolen you just have to show proof of that 14 days (date of delivery and the date of the police report). Grundy is the best:cool: but i rather have that TTA though:mad:

i lost the transport money ($530.00 from Sterling Heights, Michigan)
Grundy will cover the cost of what i paid for the car no more no less as my current policy says any car i buy is covered for the first 14 days regardless whether the car was insured or registered in my name at the time it was stolen you just have to show proof of that 14 days (date of delivery and the date of the police report). Grundy is the best:cool: but i rather have that TTA though:mad:

My wife just rememberd to cancel the insureance on it if it was still in my nmae we could have split my payout :) Seriously I really am sorry dude. That sucks to loose a car.