Stolen Transmissions In Il

smoke20

Be on the look out. I dropped 2 transmissions at Jimmy's transmission in IL on wed. mornng about 6:30am was told by jimmy to set outside by door and he will be their about 8:00am, well when he arrived they were not their. and he is acting real funny towards me now. In the past I have left my gn's set outside overnite with no problems. One was t th400 done to handle 1500hp and one was a turbo regal 200r4 both worked great but just wanted fresh.:frown: He will not call police to file report and keeps telling me times are tough in a yelling kind of voice on the phone. if anyone heres of anything let me know thanks jim

Call the police your self (you don’t need him/them for that)
Also if you have the serial # make shore it gets on the police report so if by any chance they get checked (doubt it) whom ever has them gets burned.
But I wouldn't surprised if they ended up as scrap metal

BTW leaving 2 Trans outside unattended:confused: :confused:
Anyway good luck dude.

Scrap prices are high and there are ppl that just drive around and look for it.

Bummer

Sorry to hear about your loss. An hour and a half unattended is a long time. Can't believe the owner even suggested doing that and you complied. Would have rather been late to work and made sure they were in Jimmy's possesion then take the risk . Think responsibility should be 50/50 . Well maybe 40/60 dumb and dumber. Just yanking your chain because There was a time when you could do that but not anymore it's crazy man where I live I wouldn't consider leaving a tranny out for a second. Tough lesson to learn but you just can't trust people like you used to. Hope you can work it out with Jimmy but it doesn't sound good if he's actin like he is.

sorry to here that had jimmy do one for me a few years ago and was a great experance and a sick rebuild car never preformed so good

sorry to here that had jimmy do one for me a few years ago and was a great experance and a sick rebuild car never preformed so good

theres alot of low lifes driving around all day grabbin up anything made of metal for scrap. check the local scrap yard asap! and get a Police report first.

Sucks man. Seems like any unattended metal is fair game these days. We have had about 10 residential homes under construction get ripped off of all their copper this year alone (20+ last year)! Plumbing, romex, etc....all gone overnight!

I would could the police. I'm sure it will be low on their list, but at least there will be a police report on the event.

If someone stole parts from my shop whether the parts were inside or outside I would call the police and make a report.That is a crock of $hit.If you were told to leave the trans outside. It is his problem.I not bashing jimmy either. He did my trans. But that is raw deal. I would call the cops myself and make a report.He should help you out one way or another.Times are tough? There even tougher when customers stop coming to you.

The fact that he will not call the police is just wrong... If I owned a business and told a customer to drop off a tranny and it got stolen that's the very least I'd be willing to do!!! Take matters into your own hands... I'd be livid if in your shoes!!!

That is surprising to hear.

Be on the look out. I dropped 2 transmissions at Jimmy's transmission in IL on wed. mornng about 6:30am was told by jimmy to set outside by door and he will be their about 8:00am, well when he arrived they were not their. and he is acting real funny towards me now. In the past I have left my gn's set outside overnite with no problems. One was t th400 done to handle 1500hp and one was a turbo regal 200r4 both worked great but just wanted fresh.:frown: He will not call police to file report and keeps telling me times are tough in a yelling kind of voice on the phone. if anyone heres of anything let me know thanks jim

When my trans started slipping at the track(Wisconsin) I brought the car all the way home to Chicago then took the car back out there the next day. I remember Jimmy telling me that I should have just unloaded the car on my way home from the track. Now growing up in the city and doing the kind of work I do, I really don't trust anyone so I remember thinking "Not a chance" when he said that. As far as the theft thing---no way, thats got scrap guy written all over it. Also as far as the report thing, give it a shot, because usually the scrap guys drive really beat up trucks that will get stopped and cited and most likely impounded by the revenue hungry towns around Jimmys shop. I would inquire if any have been siezed and see if the items on the truck were inventoried. Its a shot in the dark but U never know. Good luck and let us know if the deal with Jimmy gets resolved--hes always been good to us, I just can't see him turning his back on U without some sort of realistic offer.

Dude,
If you know him ask him the reason why he don't want to call the cops... maybe he or some of his employees have a little trouble. At least maybe you would understand. Then make a report and find a new tranny guy.

Owning a business is about taking care of your customers.

I've left my car and my trailer behind Jimmy's shop several times with no problems, but I always locked my car and even put my hitch lock on the trailer if I left it there because the back of Jimmy's shop also is the back of several other shops and anyone can go in there at anytime. There is no gate of fence and it is right off the street where dozens of factories and businesses are. I would never leave anything of value outside unlocked.

In the Chicagoland area, your hear about gutters and window AC units being taken off people's homes and even railings off of overpasses for their scrap value. I always see junk trucks overloaded 15 feet high with scrap heading towards Chicago in the early AM. I'll bet that some scrapper was just checking dumpsters behind the shops by Jimmy's and took the transmissions.

I'd go see Jimmy in person to get a police report filed. Jimmy is a good guy and I can't imagine him not wanting to help you out with this.

I drove down last night and made a report. Jimmy has done 2 or 3 transmissions for me in the past. State Farm is covering the transmissions and they will deal with jimmy, But Jimmy does not even want to build me new transmissions he has no cores and said their is no money in it for him. In the 4 years of dealig with him I have never had a problem he just seemed VERY weard after the fact. I called kenny duttwieler and he hooked me up with performance transmission in las vages they will be here in a week or two. It just sucks but it is what it is. And finding someone to build a trans to hold 1500 plus horse and live on the street is not a cheep date. Also both trans had all brackes on them for shifter cable so if anyone has them to sell I am looking.

Thanks to all

jim

stolen trans

maybe jimmy would resond well to a choke slam. he should atleast contact the police and help you file a report. you are a customer of his and customer service should be #1 no matter what business you are in. because lets face it you probably won't be going back to him for any work. also none of your friends or family will be taking there cars and transmissions to him either. I think he could of handled this a lot better. I think he has some other issues like money problems, drugs, family, or something going on????? I sort of think it must have something to do with money just because of the comment that he made about the times are tough!!!!! this may be a long shot but do you think it could be possible that one of his workers could of moved these transmissions in side and they are lost among other transmissions?????
stranger things have happened

He is a one man show. I am not saying he took them but it is real funny, A scrap guy could have picked them up, But than he should not act the way he is acting. IF I find out who too them I will break both of there hands.

I talked to Jimmy several times about my trans and setup and about my car staying there and he was totaly cool about the process ,It doesn't sound like him at all ,he is a one man show and has some $100,000 dollar race cars there but nothing sits outside.