Stolen Transmissions In Il

Doesnt sound like the Jimmy I've met :confused:

There are two sides to every story... I hope you can get your problem resolved with Jimmy. The tone this thread is taking sounds more like a bash Jimmy thread than someone wanting to find there transmission.

I hope were all better than that!!

Hopefully it will all work out for both of you. Jimmy's done alot for the Buick guys around here..

I am not bashing jimmy at all. He has done great work for me in the past. He built me a 200r4 in my nine sec car. I have never had a problem till now. Scrap guys might have taken them, and I NEVER said jimmy took them just that he was acting very funny and would not call the cops. I drove 2 hours each way to file a report. And it is just as much my faught because I left them outside. I have 2 new ones comming State Farm is paying for them. This post was just for people to keep a look out not to bash anyone. I am like anyone ealse that has had something taken from them (you are mad and overthink things.)

Im not mad at all.. I didnt say you were the one bashing Jimmy either. There are plenty of others steering your thread that direction. I agree with your feelings on fault, and as I said, I hope you guys get things worked out.

Pretty amazing that State Farm is covering something like that, in that respect you got lucky.

Scrap guys know to check auto shops. Our dealership has garbage pickers driving past it daily. Probably got nabbed.

I would chalk it up to scrapers, that whole area reeks of that sort of thing. And Jimmys shop is easily seen from traffic traveling north before it curves to the left so it was probably an easy score from a scraper.

Not sure what I make of the Jimmy not calling the cops deal but I don't see what he would have to offer them. It's your property and I am sure if the Police needed a statement he would have given one.

Pretty nice of State Farm to give you something on the transmissions, a friend of mine had to go find his stolen car in a 500 yard lot in Chicago because they wouldn't tow it 40 miles for him after it was found!!

Two things...

The report could have been done over the phone, saving U the long 2 hour drive. Second, Jimmy is not the victim of the theft so the Police would not have completed a report with him on your behalf. The implications in that case would reek of fraud. All u needed was a report number to give to your insurance company anyway.

I was on my way to gm school and jimmy said to leave out back. The police said I had to drive down to give a report as the dollar amout. I brought all scrap yard numbers with me to work to call threw out the day.

ONE MORE TIME I NEVER SAID JIMMY'S TOOK THEM. HE HAS BEEN GREAT TO ME EVERYTIME I HAVE DELT WITH HIM. SO DO NOT SAY HE TOOK THEM.

This post was ment to keep a look out not look down on people.

I had a BRF core and (2) TH350 transmissions stolen. I called the scrap metal places and they were not one bit interested in helping me.

I remember one lady said something like "do you know how many transmissions come through here everyday?" in a sarcastic tone. I said that it was unlikely a BRF tagged trans would come through everyday or even once every 5 years for that matter. She said, "whats a BRF"

Her ignorant-dropped out of school-underpaid-trailer-park attitude pizzed me off and I hung up. If there was only 1 scrap place in the town I would have went searching myself. Not the case. Oh well, live and learn.

My guess would be the scrap vultures. When I had my shop these guys would come around really early, before we opened up. Stuff would disappear all of the time so we know not to leave anything out. The "money cores" and recycleable stuff was stored inside and a paying scrap guy would come by weekly.

Me personally, I wouldnt be on here bashing Jimmy's Transmission, Just not my style I'd just make a personal visit to him mono-e-mono, or BUDDIES-e-mono. Easier to deal with someone in person. At the least by phone. If he has any respect for his customers, he will get it straightened out im sure.
If he doesnt then, it will be him who will find out just how tough the times will be when noone takes there car to him. JMO

....if he doesnt then, it will be him who will find out just how tough the times will be when noone takes there car to him. JMO

I will ALWAYS take may cars to Jimmy's, and I think just about everyone in the Chicagoland Chapter of the GSCA will also, because Jimmy is a real stand up guy. Paul

Not Bashing

ONE MORE TIME I NEVER SAID JIMMY'S TOOK THEM. HE HAS BEEN GREAT TO ME EVERYTIME I HAVE DELT WITH HIM. SO DO NOT SAY HE TOOK THEM.

This post was ment to keep a look out not look down on people.

I AM NOT BASHING JIMMY READ POST CAREFULLY

I would get a POS, useless tranny and place it where you placed your good trannys. I would wait in a spot where I can see the scrap junk. Once the scrap guy or thief rolls around then I'll make my move :rolleyes: .

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I would get a POS, useless tranny and place it where you placed your good trannys. I would wait in a spot where I can see the scrap junk. Once the scrap guy or thief rolls around then I'll make my move :rolleyes: .

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thats an idea ! Drop the stuff off the same day and time, then when they show up, come out with some nunchakus swinging..;)

Yes I know who you are GRNDNL and keep talking sh-- I might show up and see if you will say it to my face. Do not say the transmission were not their on the gsca form. I can go on about things you have to people and the sh-- you talk people but not to someones face (example stan).And bring you a-- to my house and see my cars with no transmissions, the post was for a look out I did not blame jimmy. DID NOT ask him to pay a penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The last time i talked to jimmy was friday morning.

FOR THE LAST TIME I DO NOT I REPEAT I DO NOT THINK JIMMY TOOK MY TRANSMISSIONS. THIS POST WAS IF ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING TO LET ME KNOW. ALL YOU GUYS BASHING OR THINKING THE WORST OF PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE WITCH IS 90% OF PEOPLE ON HERE. EVERY POST I READ SOMEONE IS BASHING SOMEONE (EVEN IF HE IS JUST SELLING A BOLT) AND WHEN YOU SEE THESE PEOPLE AT BOWLING GREEN OR SOME GET TOGHTER THE **** TAKLING STOPS. WE ARE NOT IN 2ND GRADE MY 10 YEAR OLD ACTS BETTER THEN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE. I'M SORRY I TELL IT HOW IT IS AND PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THAT BUT ALL WELL I DID NOT POST HERE TO GET STRESSED OUT. GROW UP GUYS LIFE IS TOO SHORT. :wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :redface: :cool: ;) :frown: :p :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's to say anything was left at Jimmy's shop?......I wonder if Jimmy knew anything was being dropped off?......

Yes, I know who "smoke20" is........I'm suprised Jimmy would even do any work for him......

Yes I know who you are GRNDNL and keep talking sh-- I might show up and see if you will say it to my face. Do not say the transmission were not their on the gsca form. I can go on about things you have to people and the sh-- you talk people but not to someones face (example stan).And bring you a-- to my house and see my cars with no transmissions, the post was for a look out I did not blame jimmy. DID NOT ask him to pay a penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The last time i talked to jimmy was friday morning.

FOR THE LAST TIME I DO NOT I REPEAT I DO NOT THINK JIMMY TOOK MY TRANSMISSIONS. THIS POST WAS IF ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING TO LET ME KNOW. ALL YOU GUYS BASHING OR THINKING THE WORST OF PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE WITCH IS 90% OF PEOPLE ON HERE. EVERY POST I READ SOMEONE IS BASHING SOMEONE (EVEN IF HE IS JUST SELLING A BOLT) AND WHEN YOU SEE THESE PEOPLE AT BOWLING GREEN OR SOME GET TOGHTER THE **** TAKLING STOPS. WE ARE NOT IN 2ND GRADE MY 10 YEAR OLD ACTS BETTER THEN SOME PEOPLE ON HERE. I'M SORRY I TELL IT HOW IT IS AND PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THAT BUT ALL WELL I DID NOT POST HERE TO GET STRESSED OUT. GROW UP GUYS LIFE IS TOO SHORT. :wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :redface: :cool: ;) :frown: :p :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's to say anything was left at Jimmy's shop?......I wonder if Jimmy knew anything was being dropped off?......

Yes, I know who "smoke20" is........I'm suprised Jimmy would even do any work for him......

You are not kidding.You never bashed jimmy once on this thread.Saying that he was acting funny is not bashing.You never said he stole them. There is some people really talking $hit on the other site. They are just making a mountain out of a mole hill. You said nothing wrong and you did not over react. People talk big when they are behind their keyboard. Hopefully the insurance hooks you up.

trans.

Sorry for your loss and good luck to you. Times are tuff,so tuff that someone
took the alum. corner caps off the back side of my garage. What do you think there worth, maybe a buck.