STOCK new Z06 runs in the 10's

Link is broken. I'm assuming this thing wasn't BONE stock, but stock in TR owner terms (drag radials, K&N Filter, maybe a tune). I have to say that's Damn impressive! Fix that link.

That is flying. The fastest 06 Z06 I have seen is 12.3X at 118. I have only seen 2 at the track though. Both cars made multiple passes too.

Link is broken. I'm assuming this thing wasn't BONE stock, but stock in TR owner terms (drag radials, K&N Filter, maybe a tune). I have to say that's Damn impressive! Fix that link.
No it's bone stock with just drag radials. He went 11.2x with radials. The guy holds the record for the 01 Z06 and 02+ Z06s also. He's an amazing driver, probably one of the best out there.

Now there's a RARE commodity... An accomplished corvette drag racer. ;)

Now there's a RARE commodity... An accomplished corvette drag racer. ;)

Yep, I agree. Most Vettes I see run way slower than the ones you read about on the boards. I would say the average C5 Z06 I have seen is a 12.80 car. I have seen some go low 12s stock. But most are high 12's.

ya gotta admit, a car that traps 120+ off the showroom floor, and can get 18mpg+ for under 90 grand is a good thing for the USA

wow.. that's crazy. I cant believe how fast that car is. It took an all aluminum (basically a ZL1) 427 to do it. That has always been one of my favorite powerplants. I love me a 427!

And the driver had "only" a 1.679 second 60-foot. The corvette must have enormous torque & HP to make up for the relatively pokey 60-ft.

Ranger is well known on the boards for his great driving. Seems like no matter what this guy gets in he's gonna put down impressive numbers.