stock location Intercoolers

Sal Lubrano

Looking for a stock location performance/upgraded intercooler. Which venders carry them these days. Not interested in a dutweiler neck.

I bought a precision and it is a larger core with larger inlet and outlet. If you are trying to get every bit of hp out of your combination it is the best SLIC:rolleyes: . I was not real impressed with the fit as the up pipe touches the headliner and the front braces don't fit with it:eek: . If I was to do it over I would buy Marks and paint it satin black for a stock look (sorry Mark) I think his is the best fit stock look and best price:cool: SMHO
http://buickgn.com/Intercoolers.htm

Mark does have a great looking Intercooler at a great price.

Would Mark's intercooler clear the Triangular Braces and Connecting Brace as well as a larger 1LE 36MM Sway Bar?

I am not 100 % sure but I believe it does. If you email him he will get back to you before you can refresh the screen:eek: If I ever put another intercooler on it will be his. I noted on his site that he doesn't include the right bracket and you have to modify your original. If you don't want to cut your original I have a couple here and they are not hard to find:) Good luck ,keep us posted

I'm in the market for one now, any chance any of the SLICs have the brackets sold with them? I like what I've heard about the PTE, but it's not chump change...

Mark does have a great looking Intercooler at a great price.

Would Mark's intercooler clear the Triangular Braces and Connecting Brace as well as a larger 1LE 36MM Sway Bar?

NO it does not clear the braces. Got one 3-4 months ago. I have taken it out got a RJC FM. You can buy the same one from GN 1 they do come with the bracket. However the fit sucks.

Get a CAS V4 if you ever see one pop up. With brackets, they fit awesome and work quite well too. Not sure if the braces all work with it or not.

Get a CAS V4 if you ever see one pop up. With brackets, they fit awesome and work quite well too. Not sure if the braces all work with it or not.
X2 I've been low 10's with this intercooler but the braces wont work with it.

Braces, just move them over a bit on the frame under the motor and they will clear. Just drill a couple holes and use the self tapping bolts and done! That is what I did on mine when I ran one.

I remember reading a post were a member "Coach" made a pretty simple backet that bolted to the center cross member and then the braces bolt to the bracket. At the time he was using a PTE SLIC with the braces.

icfrombelow1.JPG

Pic of one installed in my GN from years ago with braces and sway bar.

I have the same intercooler, with the all the braces and the thickest front sway bar out there and mine clears perfect. No fitment issues whatsoever. Oh yea, and mines painted, with the factory sticker in place too :) I'm a stealth kinda guy personally.

Well guy"s my son just bought me a PTE intercooler, hope to put it on in the next week or so, car basically stock, TT chip, 60lb injectors, 3 inch exhaust, new fuel pump, hot wired. in process of changing values springs etc. Car sat for ( years so put new gas tank and lines etc > Will I notice much difference? Who likes this intercooler?

The inter cooler has a good record of 10 second cars. The installation can be challenging the first time getting the bolt and brackets to line up along with the turbo to inter cooler hose. The 3 inch up pipe will most likely hit the hood liner unless you cut off about 1inch or just use the stock up pipe.

I have been reading posts on part throttle surging with this inter cooler and small turbos. I is not a huge problem by annoying.
If you do a search for (surging PTE SLIC) you will find the post and some solutions.

I may be doing some testing this winter, I have one that I have not installed.
Also there is a post sticky on SLIC installs.

Well guy"s my son just bought me a PTE intercooler, hope to put it on in the next week or so, car basically stock, TT chip, 60lb injectors, 3 inch exhaust, new fuel pump, hot wired. in process of changing values springs etc. Car sat for ( years so put new gas tank and lines etc > Will I notice much difference? Who likes this intercooler?

I don't see your mods, but if you're running under 20psi now, you probably won't see a difference. Alky and a dutt neck stock intercooler will take you into the 11's easy enough.

I don't see your mods, but if you're running under 20psi now, you probably won't see a difference. Alky and a dutt neck stock intercooler will take you into the 11's easy enough.

I just saw this and wanted to resurrect it to find out if anyone has done a comparison between the old DeQuick CAS V-4 and the TR Custom Parts SLIC. Wondering if anyone had gone from the old unit and upgraded and if they saw improvements? Probably should have started a new post for this question, but this looked like a good place to ask...

I remember reading a post were a member "Coach" made a pretty simple backet that bolted to the center cross member and then the braces bolt to the bracket. At the time he was using a PTE SLIC with the braces.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393027229.378785.jpg

Very easy fix. I had 5 pcs of steel left and sold them for $20...
I gave Hawkfan my plate when he bought my PTE.

Can somebody post more pics of the intercooler mounted and painted black, et differences also.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just saw this and wanted to resurrect it to find out if anyone has done a comparison between the old DeQuick CAS V-4 and the TR Custom Parts SLIC. Wondering if anyone had gone from the old unit and upgraded and if they saw improvements? Probably should have started a new post for this question, but this looked like a good place to ask...

All else equal, I picked up a little over 2mph out the back going from Dutt neck to Cas V4. I'd think TR customs would perform similarly as the V4.