61.4 KB · Views: 562
  • headers tigged 004.jpg
    headers tigged 004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 553
  • Headers 003.jpg
    Headers 003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 553
Really haven't planned on it.

i might have some bad news for you------best welding in the world is still only temporary on these headers-----if they are thermal cycled enough times at temp extremes (ie till they glow red/orange) they are eventually gonna fail just like they did the first time-----only difference is that the new crack will be right next to the great looking weld you have added------fix it again and the new crack will keep moving over farther each time------just the nature of the beast..........RC

I don't doubt that. However, I do believe they will hold up for quite a while. These came off my first TR, an '86 (purchased in '88). The first time they were welded up was back in '94. That weld lasted a little over 10 years. I figure this weld will give me some time to save up for a domestically made set.

yup need to get a set from nick micale. that weld should hold for sometime.

Nice welding job, but that donut flange is going to leak like a sieve with all those dings/wrinkles.

That part is always a source of bad pre turbo leaks that are never caught or looked for.

Leaking at the flange is seldom an issue (except on yours, I've never seen them crack that bad at the flanges), but leaking at the 3/5 joint is always an issue. You should have had him do something like this:

click to enlarge:

Yeah, need to fix that dough-nut before I re-install.

Wish I known about that webbing. Oh well...