Still Won't Start

JeremysGN

:mad:
Ok, I tried the cam sensor at several positions just a few degrees before & after the setting listed on GNTTYPE & I still get the same results. I've heard of some type of a theft code that can get set in the computer & possible keep the car from starting. How can I check for it or reset the computer to be sureeverything is firing right. THANKS

Usually to reset an ECM all you would have to do is unplug the battery. That should clear any codes set.

Exactly what is the car doing....does it run for a while?...How long? Give us more info and we can help.

Not sure that cam sensor will affect starting. A car should run without the cam sensor connected (will be in batch fire mode). Disconnect the sensor. See what happens. Maybe your crank sensor is dead.

The car will not start with a bad or disconnected cam sensor. It's needed to sync. the injectors. The engine will batch fire the injectors if the sensor is disconnected once the engine's started but you've got to get it going first.

MeanBuicks said:
The car will not start with a bad or disconnected cam sensor. It's needed to sync. the injectors. The engine will batch fire the injectors if the sensor is disconnected once the engine's started but you've got to get it going first.

Yep. I knew there was a catch. Thanks Greg.

No I can't get the car to start. Its firing But not sure on how many. It acts like it is just about to fire up but just won't. How do I check my injector firing with a multi meter?? THANKS GUYS