still no spool up while braking

87gn505

well I just took my car to local muffler shop and got all pre-turbo leaks fixed. still the same thing hardly spools, doesnt get past 1875 with a 2500 stall. it wont even break the tires loose on dirt road. please help.

Sounds like you might not have a 2500 stall converter.

When I bought my Ttype, it had a Regal converter & wouldn't get to 1700. The previous owner had the transmission service twice. My Orange Crush stalls about 3000.

My car did the same thing when I had my trans done.They told me the stall was 2500. ended up being a stock converter painted red.Gary Oswald went for a ride in it and laughed.On a roll it was fine but from a dig forget about it. would not build any boost.I ended up having jimmys redo the trans and got a hughes converter and all was good. good luck

If your real rich on the bottom end you will have a hard time building boost.

no thats a good o2 reading. check it as soon as you hit the gas and see where its at. mine wouldn't build boost ,and the o2 was like 850 at the bottom of 1st gear. leaned her down a little and she boosts now

i've had a hughes converter in the past ...it slowed my car down considerably compared to the stock one. Extremely slow spool.

This may not be the case with you , but certainly was with me.

Ok I just called the guy at the dyno place and he suggestd I need loosen up my converter. It had nitrous on it so do think the chip could be the problem if it is set up for nitrous?

You need to get back to square one and tell us everything thats on this car and get as many numbers as you can for us. (Fuel pressure, TPS, IAC, BLM, etc.......)

The car has port and polished heads, headers, 60trim turbo, 3" downpipe to dual flowmaster, stock intercooler, TT chip, 42# injectors, scanmaster, manual boost controller, and 200-4r. I think thats about it. Do you want the readings at WOT IN 3rd or whats best?

You need something that will go to at least 2800 at zero boost/vacuum for your combo. 2600 would be ok if you had the Garrett .63 ex housing. That converter is killing the combo. Flowmasters will knock time off your spool once you get the converter problem addressed. I had them on my blue car and it more than doubled spool time even with a loose AC 3500 N converter. Also caused a 6-8 psi increase in boost when un-corked with the flowmasters. IMO they are junk

Ok I put a 2800 in and I am seeing the same problem. It seems like that under a load at the line it bogs down. This driving me crazy and broke. I also found out that I have ls1 MAF and translator.

Ok, now the verter is no longer an issue...
Refer to post #5...
Post # 6.. The addition of a Powerlogger, will provide that capability, and do a better job of identifying the issue.

So you said it has a nitrous chip? A TT or anyone elses nitrous chip will be pulling alot of timimg at full throttle. Change the chip. Try loading on the brake at 1/2-3/4 throttle just for fun.