starting problem

Roadfury87

Hi well I just bought my first grand national. At an auction did not get to hear it run before I got it. Any ways got it home stuck a new battery in it. Turned it over. And no spitting or sputtering check for spark that was good fuel was good to. This car is much newer than what I usually work with so I'm not to informed on these turbo charged v6 engines any help would be nice

Chances are the injectors are stuck closed depending how long it sat.

See if it responds to a shot of starting fluid.

Rick

Yup starting fluid was one of the first things I tried it poped and there was a lot of smoke but that was it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Lol I'm in the frozen desolate wasteland known as alaska. If I didn't give enough info on the issue I apologize for the lack of detail it would be easy to take it in to the pros but I wouldn't learn anything doing that. And thanks for the website lots of good info there

That website has a no start section, you may need to buy a noid light ($10) to see if the injectors are getting a pulse.

Chuck

Clearly a fuel delivery problem. fuel pump may have given up the ghost. Should hear it pump up when turn key on. check for fuel pressure on the rail. check fuse too.

I believe I found the problem computer is burnt up looks like water some how found its way in

WELCOME PILGRIM!!! I see you are already getting a crash course on buick TR's, sorry for your misfortune. However, on the otherhand, You're way ahead of the average joe! Don't forget to check the "for sale" section for available computers, or to post in the "parts wanted" secton if desiring to use a stock ecm.Upgrading can be pricey and there are several venders on here that handle the kits, XFI, Holley, Accel(?), etc. You can check the vendors section or the ecm section as well.
Again, great to have you on board and enjoy your new community!

Thanks just placed the order last night. Should be here by next thursday. Any body know we're I can find reproduction parts I want to get some new badges for my hood

Thanks how do I post pics on here I have 2 coil packs that I found in the car one I'm pretty sure is the oem pack the other is questionable showed it to the auto parts guys they were stumped . When I picked up the car this odd one was wired up you could see it wasn't right if I could post a pic it would be easier than this book I'm writing lok

You first need a minimum number of posts. Not sure what that number is. Anyway, click on Upload a File and search for the picture. You should be able to figure it out from there.

you might want to pull the chip out if using your old ecm as a core.That is until you come more familiar with the car and get a updated chip from one of the vendors here.

Cool got the new ecm got her fired up but sounds like the firing order may be wrong so now time to find some diagrams for that lol