Stage 2 Build after 30 years of Building Engines

Not teally. If it does not rain Sunday I will go. But again they announce Rain.

Sent from my LG-P705g using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Is it part of a stage 2 thing that we all kick rocks at each other?

Just curious....:cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

norby... Back off. Don't suck him into your vortex of over thinking. He has a RUNNING car, is that why you are being a douche?

Norbs and I are just having fun. BTW it does not look good for tomorrow. 60% rain. I am installing a Wildwood MC and a Hurst Q Stick. Besides I am on a 2 week Vacation so that gives me plenty of time to get the Brakes working well.
I am also doing the Pedal Ratio which I never got around to do.
Sent from my LG-P705g using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

norby... Back off. Don't suck him into your vortex of over thinking. He has a RUNNING car, is that why you are being a douche?

My car runs fine, just hard to move around with the tranny sitting on the floor.........:eek:

It just funny, actually... its hilarious.

It feels like the cold war in here.... everybody is walking around with a nuke in there pocket... daring the others to jump if they feel froggy. Some push cubic dollars others are screaming cubic engineering.
While some of us are just saying "Hey I'm just smart enough to get hurt with this thing" ;)

If this were a Space Race, Ham would be proud right now. :D

Very clean build - I guess there aren't too many different ways to set up the on-centers. This was one we did in 2001:

In this car:

It used the ATR headers and the HKS gate was ran off the crossover on the pass side. Had no interest of running a full exhaust, but did later and wished I had set it up differently.

Pardon the really bad, really old pics!

Your heads and internals sound VERY similar. We started with all the original Busch team parts in both the heads and bottom end and tried to re-use what we could which was a mistake. Heads were just way too aggressive and it was too much of a challenge to keep the thing cool! In our case we should have started over with a less-hogged set of Stage 2 heads.

Stageii86, what in the heads made it run hot? Ported too much?? Interesting to see the dry sump pump on the drivers side, every one I have seen is on pass side.

Squid, yes. I don't want to hijack here but in short they had been ported/welded/ported/welded to hell and back for the NA application (qualifying motor) and we figured out there was just too little cooling left in them.

My buddy and I were totally new to the 153 motors when we started that and quickly figured out it was going to be a 100% race application so when it came time to set up the accessories and stuff like the oil pump mounting, packaging wasn't as big a deal to us as it might be for others. JB, Norbs, and Mikes builds are totally more closely themed to how I'd ever do another one...

Got married, went to school full time, and ran out of money to get that car fully sorted out.

Attachments

• 1376053212367.jpg
    1376053212367.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 148
Squid. You have a Bomb car for sure. It would take me much longer to build when I have to deal with 3 young Boys.
Back to Buick's.. I spent 3 days on trying out Master Cylinders, and I am still not happy with how it Brakes. I have a Wildwood on the car and the track where I race! I will end up in the Corn Field with a trunk full..check the photo, and here are some more taken yesterday.

Attachments

• 1376053359800.jpg
    1376053359800.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 1376053378383.jpg
    1376053378383.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 1376053394345.jpg
    1376053394345.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 141
Great looking car, especially the motor pics!

Hey, no "three boys" excuses! I have three boys also! (Hmmm... Maybe thats why it has taken me two years to collect parts and get the motor ready to assemble...!)

:)

The last 4 weekends you said the excuse was rain....now its the brakes??? I told you what you need , the GM hydroboost system with 2000 psi pressure is king, next the powermaster at 1200 psi and then comes last vacuum around 800-900 psi ......What's next? Why is Scooby not busting your chops??????

He does not have to because you are. Here are more pics for Norbs....:eek:

Attachments

• 1376084601135.jpg
    1376084601135.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 1376084631284.jpg
    1376084631284.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 137
Thanks but my next step is Vacuum. I have installed a few and they Brake like hell. Norbs no worry. I may just go this Sunny Sunday and run the 1/8 mile for now.:p