Springs

Something to think about when buying drop springs! Many think that if they buy a 2" drop spring it's supposed to drop their car that 2", that's not the case because those numbers are based on the cars stock new springs ride height, now after 27 years the car has sagged so you will not achieve that intended drop.... I measured and documented my ride height before and after installing the DSE 2" drop springs to show people this. Keep in mind ALL cars ride heights will vary so everyone's end measurement will vary as well...

Here is some good info showing that----
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/complete-dse-suspension-build.329141/

To me the Best way to achieve your desired ride height is to go with a good coil over shock, yeah they are a bit more expensive up front but in the end less hassle choosing a drop spring that will get the look your after, cutting coils off springs lowers the car but adds rate which makes the car ride stiffer.... I like to simply lay underneath the car and adjust my ride height with a wrench and be done with it.....

I've been following this thread for a while now cause I'm thinking of going with the 5660/5413 combo with bilstiens for my car. How to these springs handle at the track compared to stock. I'm mostly street but go to the track every once in a while.

Scot I believe you are correct seeing as you kinda the "suspension guru" around here but that's thousands verse hundreds.

And thats why i went with the Moogs. Wouldve loved the adjustability of the coilovers but price was a big factor at the time.

Believe me, I know they are more money up front like I mentioned but I can get anyone into a RideTech Non adjustable coil over set (front & rear) shipped to your door for $1,300.00... RideTech has a Million mile warranty and their shocks are outstanding!