Spraying nitrous through the turbo-ok?

richy rich

Richy Rich
Hey guys just putting a very small dry system on the car.Dont wanna get into a whole big nitrous discussion here,
just curious if anybody has ever sprayed into the air meter[basically through the K-N conical]Ive sprayed before through GM
Air meters and it worked great!And im also gussing that spraying into the turbo will cool it down and in the end be worth some more boost.
BTW Im using c16 fuel and a VERY small pill[will start off at like .018.

Hey guys just putting a very small dry system on the car.Dont wanna get into a whole big nitrous discussion here,
just curious if anybody has ever sprayed into the air meter[basically through the K-N conical]Ive sprayed before through GM
Air meters and it worked great!And im also gussing that spraying into the turbo will cool it down and in the end be worth some more boost.
BTW Im using c16 fuel and a VERY small pill[will start off at like .018.

You need to go on the backside of the MAF to do this. I personally wouldnt do it. A nitrous backfire and youre going to do a lot of damage.

A dry shot on a Buick isn't going to work like newer GM vehicles because the MAF is maxed out so you will get no change in fueling and that's not so good.

Wet kit in the up-pipe is the way to go I think at least with stock ECM cars.

Don Wang was/used to do this I thought, maybe he'll chime in.
Other Big Block posts I've seen do it, so it would be behind the MAF in our case (not the cone side), and it aids in spool up aside from the power addition.

good info-I still wanna do it,but sounds like after the mass air.
drilling into the intercooler would be stelthy,and the farther away from the throttle body
the softer it hits[in a case like this].

I think a wet kit after the mass air would be great. I had a wet kit on my C5 with Procharger and it worked great.

Peter

Running a dry shot that way is not recommended. Id run it wet before the throttle body. I have run a dry shot pre throttle body and used the xfi to add the additional fuel. Very easy and the biggest bang for the buck you will ever get on any internal combustion engine

Yeah don't do a dry shot unless you have an ecu designed to add fuel. I was using a 100 dry shot on my car but, it has a gen7 dfi ecu that is an excellent nitrous controller. It has 3 stages, I only used the first. You tell it when to turn and turn off, you input the orifice size and it calculated the fuel needed and is pretty dead nuts! You control the fuel delay in ms too. I personally wouldn't mess around with a nitrous dry shot unless you have a good ecu to control it. That's my $.02...and I have nitrous on my car at the moment. My shot is in the up pipe right before the turbo.