Spotted, old Buick Beast.

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
So a few days ago, here I am driving to work in Providence RI when just after I merge on to I95N looking in my drivers mirror to merge I see this beast barreling towards me with that slow up and down sway like those old Lincoln's and Caddys do. I know my place and wait for the tank to come by when I notice the Tri shield hood ornament.

This thing was a monster 4 door what ever it was and had been cut up and converted into a 2 seater el camino style ride with a rag top.

To make it even more interesting this beast was towing a huge trailer with god knows what in it packed 8 feet high.

I did my best at getting pics as i'm driving with my left knee, smoking, eating a Mcpankwafleggmcxheesgriddle, texting and trying to finger the nodding out off ramp broad that needed a ride to get her kids meds.

It’s not rape if they blink twice for yes. Just sayin.

D
20160329_125420.jpeg
20160329_125419.jpeg
20160329_125417.jpeg
20160329_125416.jpeg
20160329_125415.jpeg

That looks cool. He is the Urban Cowboy. Car needs some of those longhorns on the hood and whitewalls for heaven's sake.

Might have been a "Flower Car".

Used in funeral processions. Usually a Cadillac hearse type of vehicle that was professionally converted to have a pick-up truck bed. They haul the floral arrangements out to the grave site.

Image1459963462.140875.jpg

Looks like about the same year. This article says this particular car is a 78 Buick estate wagon converted to a hearse. I'm sure the flower cars would be a similar convention of the same car. Nice seeing old cars in the road still. It seems like ever since cash for clunkers there are so fewer older cars around anymore. Even seeing any plain Jane vehicle from the 70's or 80's makes me stop and look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shit!

A flower car. Nice.

I had a pic of it passing me with trailer but somehow deleted it.

D

In 1986 I had a neighbor that bought a mid 70's Cadillac Flower Car. That was when I first learned of them. I have seen a few more since then, but they have all been built using a Cadillac.

Given the scarcity of these things and the Rhode Island license plate id say this is a pic of the same car you saw

image.jpeg
image.png

I never knew these things existed. Google searching turns up some pictures of some really bad ass 40s through 90s flower cars.

I want one. With lc2 power.

7950853174_f16b917a9b.jpg
image.png
1977_Buick_LeSabre_sedan,_brown.jpg
20160329_125417.jpg
Cool.

The RI car is longer. It has a way longer wheel base.

the front grill says it’s a 1977 or so

Last edited:
Look at the back door of the black one vs the others. The blue one was stretched behind the door, the black one stretched the door itself.

Ah yes, good catch.

It’s still a different year though.

Front corner lights.

D

I would drive that beast around. looks cool.