Spoke to brian at gbody

Rudedawg maybe we need to get together then fortunally my friend owens a machine shop.If he had a pipe to go off of and some pre bent tube.he will make it.ofcourse eliminating the elbow.t
The 3in pipe I made works but dosent look to great:eek:I'm changing up everything to ss.I really wanted brians dp to go with the rjc 3in to crossflow set up ss.but not looking like that will happen in a timely manner.I got some time tho .my block still isn't back from shop and then the pistons are gonna take 3 to 4 weeks to make.So my car is pretty much sunk all summer.:(Were do you live at ? I'm. In the ill state working all the time.I'm demoing the motorola center in shaumburg right now.Let me know.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Im in calumet city about a half mile from the state line off river oaks Drive.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Us H/A guys got to stick together and glue things together,to make it happen.since were the red headed step kids of the turbo buick world:D ...O ya and our cars are so slow too nobody wants to make parts for us:rolleyes:

You aint lying about that one.

Really I'm right here in gary about 15 min from you.deffinetly got to hook up.

Im always home if you want to stop by anytime.

Can you take a better picture of that down pipe? As Jerryl said, many have busted 125 mph+ with elbow. TTYPE85 ran over 121 with a ported elbow and a ATR 2 1/2 down pipe. Until a better down pipe becomes readily available, this is the current best choice...

heres a few pics
downpipe 002.JPG
downpipe 003.JPG
downpipe 005.JPG

This looks like a modded version of the 0 to 60. Someone modded it for easy removal with flanges. You have removed the major restrictions, I would run this down pipe. This pipe would allow easy removal to change plugs :). Looks to be JET HOT coated.

This looks like a modded version of the 0 to 60. Someone modded it for easy removal with flanges. You have removed the major restrictions, I would run this down pipe. This pipe would allow easy removal to change plugs :). Looks to be JET HOT coated.
Still running of the turbo elbow .that is the main restriction.

You know Your stuff bro. I never would have thought this Pipe uses to be sold. I thought it was home made.

Not all down pipes were easy to install. This pipe was modded to ease installation. I have been around Hot Airs since 1990. I got more parts than I care to say.... 0 TO 60 made anywhere from 12-15 3 inch Down pipes for Hot Air cars. Considering the 1 3/4 to 2 inch crimped down pipe, this 3 inch down pipe made a heck of a difference in the seat of the pants. One complaint was mating the pipe to the elbow. I dremeled my elbow to fit better and used High Heat copper permatex and had no issues.

Still running of the turbo elbow .that is the main restriction.

The elbow is not the main restriction...I agree that a Terry Houston style be better. Due to the angle that HOT AIR's have, it is not the easiest pipe to build, but it is doable.

Hey, Chuck I am running Brian's D/P's on my HA cars and just a few fit up problems.
The waste gate pin is too long and they sit too close to the heater box. I had the flange
milled down ~1/4" and that solved the heater box interference and I cut the waste gate
gate pin down and that solved the hood interference issue. My 84 is down for and engine
rebuild right now. Maybe be @ the GSCA in Oct. with it, I hope.

Hey Mark, glad to see you still at it. I am slowly, finally working on my car. I have a hacked up mease pipe, a partial complete Lee Thompson down pipe and a complete 0 TO 60 pipe. I am slowly making my mind to which I am going to use. My 87 plenums are modded and my intakes ported. I have 55lbs injectors to go with my modded ECM. I am getting my TA61 freshened up. I hope to have it running by October and make GSCA.... I still owe you BBQ and brews :).

Chuck,
Don't know how much longer, but I plan on being @ BG in Oct. with the 84 if I'm able.
The 84 is down for a major engine rebuild, ordering pistons next week. Going back up
w/ a roller cam. Just a mild street cam, though, nothing radical, the cam ML @ Full
Throttle recommended. You coming up to BG this year?
Had a computer dump and lost your e mail.
MG

Still no down pipe from gbodys, and still holding my project back from completion. This sucks!

damn, what would one pay for a DP 3" for our cars? I have an ATR 2.5 but would pay 750 easy for a solution to lessen the restriction.

damn, what would one pay for a DP 3" for our cars? I have an ATR 2.5 but would pay 750 easy for a solution to lessen the restriction.

I've got another 3 inch down pipe, but can't install with my current headers, unless I change them out for my postons.

I've got another 3 inch down pipe, but can't install with my current headers, unless I change them out for my postons.

Ya but then your back to the restricted elbo....:mad: