Spoke to brian at gbody

I went and picked up some goodies this weekend from a member.
parts 014.JPG

Your lucky you did cuase he had that poston stuff in his back seat at my house a couple weeks ago;) I just don't like how it still uses the turbo elbow.Big restriction.but nice score .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah he told me he was at your place. I dont plan to use the down pipe unless I integrate it like gbodys. Im going to wait for gbodys pipe to get here and use that. I scored a HA ta-49 from him also a few weeks ago.

I am no expert . . . But here is my logic on the elbow.

The elbow is a restriction, but not as bad it may appear. Here is my reasoning for the statement . . . The stock elbow (which i'm sure was modified) has gone 125mph in TSA.
Based on that, one could deduce that there are many other things on a HA that restrict performance before you get to the elbow.

At what mass flow it truly becomes a restriction . . . Well, that's the $1M question.

Yeah he told me he was at your place. I dont plan to use the down pipe unless I integrate it like gbodys. Im going to wait for gbodys pipe to get here and use that. I scored a HA ta-49 from him also a few weeks ago.
I wish I would of nown that.I would of bought the pipe for a jig to make a pipe....if you want to get rid of ..pm me.

I hear what your saying jerrel but to me it would seem like the straighter the shot the better .

I wish I would of nown that.I would of bought the pipe for a jig to make a pipe....if you want to get rid of ..pm me.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my pipe from Brian. I need to keep it for now Just in case.

I hear what your saying jerrel but to me it would seem like the straighter the shot the better .
No doubt about that! :)

Years ago, it was a bigger issue because converter tech did not catch up. Just going from stock to a mandrel dp with elbow is huge. Just saying . . .

Last edited:
I'll let you know as soon as I get my pipe from Brian. I need to keep it for now Just in case.
Good luck...I've been back and forth email and it doesn't look good .no time frame. For pipes at all:(

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Eliminating the turbo elbow makes a noticeable difference. A two inch elbow has the same effect as the whole exhaust system being two inch.

No doubt about that! :)

Years ago, it was a bigger issue because converter tech did not catch up. Just going from stock to a mandrel dp with elbow is huge. Just saying . . .
I know with my full 3in setup BIG BIG diffrence..

Can you take a better picture of that down pipe? As Jerryl said, many have busted 125 mph+ with elbow. TTYPE85 ran over 121 with a ported elbow and a ATR 2 1/2 down pipe. Until a better down pipe becomes readily available, this is the current best choice...

Rudedawg maybe we need to get together then fortunally my friend owens a machine shop.If he had a pipe to go off of and some pre bent tube.he will make it.ofcourse eliminating the elbow.t
The 3in pipe I made works but dosent look to great:eek:I'm changing up everything to ss.I really wanted brians dp to go with the rjc 3in to crossflow set up ss.but not looking like that will happen in a timely manner.I got some time tho .my block still isn't back from shop and then the pistons are gonna take 3 to 4 weeks to make.So my car is pretty much sunk all summer.:(Were do you live at ? I'm. In the ill state working all the time.I'm demoing the motorola center in shaumburg right now.Let me know.

Us H/A guys got to stick together and glue things together,to make it happen.since were the red headed step kids of the turbo buick world:D ...O ya and our cars are so slow too nobody wants to make parts for us:rolleyes:

Can you take a better picture of that down pipe? As Jerryl said, many have busted 125 mph+ with elbow. TTYPE85 ran over 121 with a ported elbow and a ATR 2 1/2 down pipe. Until a better down pipe becomes readily available, this is the current best choice...

I'll snap a photo when I get home.