Spoke to brian at gbody

We are blessed by being in the Chicagoland area. There are a lot of smart people who can tune a hot air. BEATAV8 did mine simply by reviewing powerlogger files. Once you install a powerlogger, 3 bar MAP and a wideband 02 sensor you have the ability to record and analyze what your car is doing. Remember-hot air cars do not like a lot of timing-mine is at 16 degrees.
Hey Brad what wideband O2 are you running? I'm in the market for one. You have a link for the one you're running?

Hey Brad what wideband O2 are you running? I'm in the market for one. You have a link for the one you're running?

I use a Zetronix but it is easily five years old. Pick a popular one that TT recommends. I only use the wide band for tuning. It is hard wired to the powerlogger and installed on the test pipe. Simple and clean. I use the TT 5.7 chip and do not rely on the wideband for running my car. This is my personal preference due to the TT 5.7 chip simplicity and a wideband failure will never hurt my car.

I hope Brian has these coming in. I have expressed many times that I needed one. I havent even started my 84 yet and would be willing to take the 2.5" ATR that I just bought to replace it with his. I have two in the cincinnati area that need one as well. As for price...$500.00....Look at what it does! Its stainless. And I will comment that the vendor he is using for the parts is charging an arm and a leg for them. He is making just enough profit to cover the cost of goods sold (cogs) on the unit. Many of the parts that I hear people thinking are making stupid money on he is not. I know the TTOP parts are one of them. I know that he is desperately trying to find alternate sources for parts with equal quality and less cost to pass the savings along. Look at all the other parts being offered recently. They are not more expensive, they are becoming less....passing on the savings.

I hope Brian has these coming in. I have expressed many times that I needed one. I havent even started my 84 yet and would be willing to take the 2.5" ATR that I just bought to replace it with his. I have two in the cincinnati area that need one as well. As for price...$500.00....Look at what it does! Its stainless. And I will comment that the vendor he is using for the parts is charging an arm and a leg for them. He is making just enough profit to cover the cost of goods sold (cogs) on the unit. Many of the parts that I hear people thinking are making stupid money on he is not. I know the TTOP parts are one of them. I know that he is desperately trying to find alternate sources for parts with equal quality and less cost to pass the savings along. Look at all the other parts being offered recently. They are not more expensive, they are becoming less....passing on the savings.

I thought he kept a few of these around, guess not because its on back order. Im in no rush so its all good with me.

:finger:
you could always buy a bundle of tubing bends and make your own....??? or is home fab out of the question?
yes,i made mind out of the stock flange machined down like a rjc ,no elbow ,sent it out with my turbo and was matched up and a couple hours labor on a ford 6.0 downpipe and it was done,not the prettiest but once it was wrapped ,it looked like it cost 500.

yes,i made mind out of the stock flange machined down like a rjc ,no elbow ,sent it out with my turbo and was matched up and a couple hours labor on a ford 6.0 downpipe and it was done,not the prettiest but once it was wrapped ,it looked like it cost 500.

LMAO... wasnt that bad eh?

Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of this downpipe? I am interested to see what a powerstroke down pipe looks like!

LMAO... wasnt that bad eh?
na,just got to be willing to do more with less,besides couple people i know think it will be faster with the ford part in it...and one outher thing why the hell cant i get the smiley faces were i want them..wtf,no cwm i never took one ,when i pull it off in a couple weeks ill take one for the thred

na,just got to be willing to do more with less,besides couple people i know think it will be faster with the ford part in it...and one outher thing why the hell cant i get the smiley faces were i want them..wtf,no cwm i never took one ,when i pull it off in a couple weeks ill take one for the thred

very cool man. Im glad to see somebody getting out there and gluing stuff together to go fast! I will be excited to see the pic myself! Ive always had respect for your work... so im curious to see how it turned out!

very cool man. Im glad to see somebody getting out there and gluing stuff together to go fast! I will be excited to see the pic myself! Ive always had respect for your work... so im curious to see how it turned out!
sorry it took so long guys but ive been buildingmy 52 international truck and just got the buick out of storage 2 days ago ....like i said not the prettiest but when its wrapped cant even tell ...and the best part was it was free and it works..cant wait to get my new intake on and see what it will do then...

Attachments

• 20140327_132901.jpg
    20140327_132901.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 281
  • 20140327_132835.jpg
    20140327_132835.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • 20140327_132842.jpg
    20140327_132842.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 277
he said if he can get people to commit to the hot air down pipe he would lower the prices for them. so lets get more then 5 people to do this so we to can enjoy the fun...
Did this deal ever happen?Cuase I'm ready to order mine along with the rjc crossflow exhaust.if we can get a deal I will wait .but not very long.thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Did the pipe ever arrive .and how does it fit.can you post some picks...thanks

Man Ive been waiting since december, and it aint here yet. Giving them till the end of the month if nothing then I guess ill make My own and ask for full refund.

Really that suks I was gonna order one to match the ss rjc crossflow exhuast .is gbp getting that bad....really

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Really that suks I was gonna order one to match the ss rjc crossflow exhuast .is gbp getting that bad....really

No we are not that bad. We do not have a 3" mandrel bender setting here going hmm maybe we should build some down pipes. We are at the mercy of manufacturers.

No we are not that bad. We do not have a 3" mandrel bender setting here going hmm maybe we should build some down pipes. We are at the mercy of manufacturers.
Well when are your pipes gonna come in.if the guys been waiting since december .I need mine way sooner how long you think brian.I really want one to match my exhaust.