Speaker question

Retired?

Retired?How old are you?My first JOB was installing when I was 16 @ Southern Autotronics.(Chop shop)I have been installing for almost 18 years.Oh,IASCA dont mean s### to me dude!Usually installers think they are something because they won a contest.Again,IASCA dont mean jack s###!Some of the worst installers/stereo shops have won IASCA with bass and nothing else.Take your car to them after the show and CHOP CHOP on your beloved car.Seen it a million times.I won quite a few in my hayday,not IASCA,but I didnt point that out because that doesnt say much or matter to me.I put 8 /15s in a van and it was unbearable and it won the contest the guy wanted to win.I didnt go,and I didnt care.EVERY time someone has asked me to build one to win a contest whether it be for bass,or clarity,or 100-150 watt class,I have come through.But,does that really matter?If you truly are what you say you are,then why did you do the simplest design in the world out of wood in your own car?What,no fiberglass in your sleep?No gel coat for the show?Please!You want to win a show?I can do that,and you are about to piss me off enough to make me go all out and kick you tale at the stupid,IASCA.I havent cared about that since I was 21.Please!

ohms

whats the matter,did you put your little volt/ohm meter on a 6x9 back in the day and it read 4ohms?Well,do yourself a favor "guru" and take a 6x9 and take the tweeter off and cut the little wires that run up to it and test each with your ohm meter seperatly.How much you want to bet the woofer and tweeter are 8ohms each?Wonder what those little wires from the tweeter to the cone?ITS PARALLED you dummy!

I retired from installing so I would not have to deal with dumb ass punks like you. Your last statement says all that needs to be said about you.
With that being said -
I give up...I can't educate the uneducated.
You win. ..I'm tired of this and no longer have the time and patience for the likes of you.
We'll rewrite electronic theory & physics to match what you believe...
later.

dumb ass punk

Why because I said ORION sucks?Thats not childish,thats a fact!I had an Orion amp,oh......10 years ago!Why you want to call me a punk?I gotcha punk!

Deep Breath!

Alright.I guess I deserved the dumb ass punk thing only because you owed me one for earlier!I said a few harsh words myself!Please,for me,test an old 2-way with a volt/ohm meter!And make sure you cut the wires first.If you dont cut the wire it will show 4ohms no matter where you measure it at.You have to cut the wire so make sure it is an old 2-way!I hate it had to come to this over a speaker question.

zam 70 is right. I know how to install radios and such but I have no idea on building boxes. Ive personally had nice systems($5k max) in all my cars. 8 15s in a van is nothing,my friend at Sounds Great put 8 12s in his CRX:eek:

Orion doesnt suck at all but I prefer RF for amps,JL for subs,MB quarts for mids and highs,and Alpine head units. I had 4 Orion 15s in my Dodge SST and they rocked.

orion

I said I had one!I had the gold plated one.It did okay.I am a power freak.I am a firm believer that more power is cleaner.Hell,I got 150x2 on my seperates!Each pair!Gains all the way down,now thats clear!I will change that to Orion is okay mid-grade stuff!Check the THD%on it,The dampening factor,then look at a precision power!THD(total harmonic distortion) on a orion is around .08%THD if you are lucky and the PPI runs around.02%THD.Best in the world or damn close.Definitly best for the price!Case closed!

intercooled84GN

I received numerous complaints about your posts in this thread. I can appreciate your enthusiasm and wanting to help but if you want to argue, it needs to be taken to PM or e-mail. Zam 70 is a great asset to this forum and knows his car audio well so I wouldnt be too quick to try to prove him wrong. Car audio is part fact and part opinion so please keep this forum "friendly", thanks!

Zam70

I think he is very knowledgable.I see how he could be a big asset.I am RIGHT and all you have to do is take a volt/ohm meter and cut the wires and test a 2-way.Is that so much to ask?

You got that right! I am hard headed!
ok - I gotta
->This will make your head spin
Using a volt/ohm meter is not the correct/accurateway to measure a speakers impedence.
It is a "rough" guess, but not accurate.

Re: BS

Originally posted by intercooled84GN
Zam70 is full of BS and hardheaded! I wont post again.Peace

That is your choice! Hard headed maybe......full of BS............I really dont think so but then again, its just my opinion! :D

Originally posted by zam70
Hey AW - where the heck have you been???

Hey Zam! for one......

My puter has been down for apx 4 months, just got it fixed today. I have been in Missouri with my dad who has been ill plus I been on LOA from work recovering from foot surgury so that has put me missing in action for quite some time! Thanks for asking! :)

enough of this bickering. back to the man original question. in my opinion, in my cutlass , the best sounding 6x9 would have to be the 2000 yr. blaupunkt overdrive 5 ways. they were just awesome. then i amped them. even better, then my whole system got stoled. i have searched everywhere for those speakers and noone has ever heard of them. so i guess im giving my opinion, and asking if ya'll know where i can find some of these.

6x9s

I love the Blaupunkt 6x9s.They sound great.The best sounding 6x9 I ever heard are discontinued now.12 years ago my next door neighbor had a 79 T/A with a set of Yamaha 2-ways and you would swear the car had subs in it!They had a big aluminum looking tweeter on them and they were like $300 12 years ago.I mean increadible bass and clarity.I would look in Crutchfield for the Blaupunkts.

the only ones crutchfield has is the poly cones (clear blue ones) and the aluminum ones i believe there the xT's the ones i had were the Ti's titanium injected bull**** sounded awesome