Spark plugs

Meno19

I put a new set of spark plugs in. This is what I pulled out. Car seems to run fine. I'm getting the scanmaster put in later this week. I don't know how long these spark plugs have been in here but I just changed them out this week. I've had the car a little over a year and only have drove it a handful of times. Like I said this is what I've pulled out. I guess my concern is I don't think that they are supposed to look like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
From a physical stand point they dont look bad at all.

I do not see any burnt or melted grounding straps which would indicate real lean / detonation

I dont see any bright shiny spots. Like looking at the stars at night. This would also support the lack of detonation.

Picture 3 seems a bit wet but since the base and threads look to have oil on them it may just be that.

The redish / rust looking deposits would indicate the usage a a fuel additive / octane booster. I dont recommend running these as they usually do more harm then good.

Not sure what you put in there I can see the box but looks like the ac's that came are rxx or crxx. Looks like CRXX but cant tell in the pics.

I recommend using the cr43ts or cr42ts if running higher than stock boost. The autolite 103's and 104's are also good equivilant to the r42 and r43.

I have had good luck with either but prefer the cr42ts for modded hotter setups. The C is for commercial and the center electrode is slightly larger than the r.

I recommend to never use a platinum, double platinum or irridum. These cars form my experience dont tolerate them well.

Hope this info helps.

From a physical stand point they dont look bad at all.

I do not see any burnt or melted grounding straps which would indicate real lean / detonation

I dont see any bright shiny spots. Like looking at the stars at night. This would also support the lack of detonation.

Picture 3 seems a bit wet but since the base and threads look to have oil on them it may just be that.

The redish / rust looking deposits would indicate the usage a a fuel additive / octane booster. I dont recommend running these as they usually do more harm then good.

Not sure what you put in there I can see the box but looks like the ac's that came are rxx or crxx. Looks like CRXX but cant tell in the pics.

I recommend using the cr43ts or cr42ts if running higher than stock boost. The autolite 103's and 104's are also good equivilant to the r42 and r43.

I have had good luck with either but prefer the cr42ts for modded hotter setups. The C is for commercial and the center electrode is slightly larger than the r.

I recommend to never use a platinum, double platinum or irridum. These cars form my experience dont tolerate them well.

Hope this info helps.
Wow thank you for the detailed info. It does help. And I think I put the 24s in the car.