Sorry to let you guys down

GOT JCE

RIP Ruka Jean
Last week I went to a local street race here in Watrebury CT just to watch a 2002 vette against a 2002 Lightning. I was there a little early and the only ones there were my mechanic and the guys with the vette.The vette sounded awesome and I was told it had some work done to it and a 150 shot on it. We waited about 20 minutes and no one showed up and the guys in the vette ask me if I want to run for the hell of it. I said I don't street race and I didn't have my drag radials on either. So I declined but my mechanic talked me into letting him race my car against the vette if the guy didn't use the juice. So now here is my mechanic/tuner taking my baby down the freshly paved road to the starting line. They both do ther burnouts and stage. Out of the hole the vette jumped out about 2 car lengths and the GN just could not get any traction.It spun right thru 3rd but the vette couldn't pull away. I was amazed at how my car ran but disapointed that it lost. Talking to the guy with the vette after the race, he said he sprayed the whole way down!! I was tempted to go get the drag radials and go at it again.But the lightning pulled in and the money race was on. I didn't think the lightning had a chance but holy @#@# it beat the vette by 2-3 cars. The guy in the vette was pissed because he said he started in D3 instead of drive. Oh well that was a 400 dollar mistake. Looks like a few rematches are in order.:D

Traction is always key. But at least the vette only got his lead on you cause of traction. It sounds like the rematch should be good one w/DRs.;) {That Lightning sounds like it's a wicked runner thou}

So are you from the Waterbury area? There's a TTA in Wolcott that I see by the police station. That yours?

Tta

The TTA by the police station isn't mine but I only live a few miles from him.There are now 4 TTA's in Wolcott. I know of 8 TTA's within a 15 mile radius of Wolcott.As for the Lightning my mechanic did some work to it a few months ago(a pulley and some gauges)and said the truck was an animal.He did have some huge drag radials on it. I think that was the best sounding vehicle I have ever heard especially when it blows by you at 115 mph wide open. I am looking forward to meeting him one night when my DR's are mounted. Maybe real soon.:D

Fun run but I'm sure frustrating. Did you get to see/hear what the Lightning had done to it? They are no challenge stock.

Jim

DR's

My friend, I learned a long time ago, never, ever, ever, (even with your mother in the car) leave home without the DR's on!! You never know what might come up. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and the only time my DR's come off is to bolt the slicks on!! Remember - always in KILL mode - boost up, DR's properly inflated, and alky FULL!!! Good luck, Dave

My friend, I learned a long time ago, never, ever, ever, (even with your mother in the car) leave home without the DR's on!! You never know what might come up. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and the only time my DR's come off is to bolt the slicks on!! Remember - always in KILL mode - boost up, DR's properly inflated, and alky FULL!!! Good luck, Dave

;)

Next time a race like this goes on let me know. Call me even if its 1:00a.m. I love to watch this type of thing go down. When are we going to get some drag times out of your car?