Somethings vvveeerrryyy very wrong....

Lt. Doomsday

Honda Hater #1
Ok this grand national im considering on buying is sitting at some old lads house, i got a question about the Tranny/Shift linkage, ok anyway i saw the Shift knob was broke off, and laying on the floor, and i grabed the shift lever and it moves freely from Park to D1? or w/e the last position is. Ok this is with the car OFF and without the Key in the ignition.

What is wrong with this? Can anyone tell me?

Is this s SERIOUS Problem? :confused: I can tell by looking at it, that the car has seen extensive abuse, i.e. a full coating of tire tread under the rear fenders, and bald tires lol

It's not necessarily serious although there may be a couple parts missing. The plastic shift handles are notorious for breaking off and are still quite easy to find new.

It also seems that the interlock between the steering column and the console shifter is disconnected or missing. Not a big deal and any missing parts can be harvested off any derelict boneyard G-body.

broken shifter cable -

however they are impossible to buy and you have to take the motor out to fix it so you should tell me where there car is so I can buy it -

hahaha - just kidding. take the console out and replace the cable - until then - shift using the steering column with whatever hand is not on the steering wheel.

why can't I ever find a car sitting somewhere???

Originally posted by FastTurb
why can't I ever find a car sitting somewhere???

Well it really was dumb luck i found it, drove by there a million times before, and that was BEFORE i started looking at a TR. I never thought much of it (mailny because i didnt know what it was), just an old beater, then i noticed the tail lights (after i starting looking at them) and the faint GN logo on the back so i locked up my tires, came to a stop and was drolling all over myself at the site of it. :D :D :D :D

It's not going anywere.....

well.. this brings a crashing end to this conversation, i talked to the guy agian, we had it set up, he calls.... "Sorry, ive changed my mind, i dont wanna sell the car...." "Why not?" "I got to thinking about my dead grand pa, an its a sentimental thing to me..." "i see,... well ok then, bye"

this... i interpretated.... "Sorry, im not going to sell the car. I'm just going let it sit at my grandma's house, unlicenced, taking up needed garage space, sitting out in the open so everyone can see a old car sitting, so i can eventualy get the cops called so i will have to licence the thing, so ill just let it rust and die....."

I hope this guy gets hit by a truck!!! :mad:

Not to mention he is gone 5/7 days of the week on his job, as a trucker....

Wtf is he gonna do with it? Let it die? Man this pissed me off.

God i hope he gets hit by a truck, mabey then there will be an auction and i can buy it then!!! :mad:

Same thing happend with my dad's brother who saw someone who had a 4spd 1966 Chevelle, hardtop just sitting in his yard.

I hate people who neglect their cars. Specialy Old people who own vettes and drive 55mph down the inter state.....

If your gonna buy a fast car, Apreciate it and drive it hard!! It wants to be loved too!!!