Someone Said......

greg lott

Their is a Turbo Buick more rare then the GNX???

Said it was the Buick Special T???

i never heard of it....i thought the guy was BSing....just wanted to follow up...

I know the 1986 WH-1 Designer Series is rarer than the GNX. I think 435 were made. As far as any other ones I dunno.

HTH

Lee

I believe there were 463 WH1 cars in '86. Tell him that if he has a GNX - with mine being rarer and all - I'd CONSIDER trading him
even up, as long as his car is as clean as mine ;) .

A special T is a T-type (any color) with a GN interior, no idea on the numbers but they were pretty rare. I do seem to see more WH-1's floating around than GNX's though, maybe because more people actually drive them rather than velvet rope them.

I have the book Buick Muscle Cars and there is a story about a fellow describing his rare car. The car in the picture is a WE4. Here is the text to the story:

...Finally there was a so-called Regal T-Type "Special T." Brock Fisher of Dayton, Ohio owns one of the rare versions and explains what it's all about: "I guess that the best way you could describe this car is that it's a 'half Grand National and half T-Type.' There isn't any Buick documentation that I could find that described how this model evolved, but the best I can figure out is that this car started out to be a Grand National, but they ran out of interiors before the end of the production run. Thus, they came up with this 'Special T' which used the Grand National body."

Fisher explained that he'd never seen another of the model. "There are probably a lot of people that own these cars that don't realize they are really different from the standard T-Type. But I want to emphasize that it is a legitimate variation, because the 'Special T' is called out on the window sticker."

The part about running out of Grand National interior is a crock because only the GN was built on the extended run. He also keeps referring to the T Regal as "T-Type" which we all know didn't exist in '87. The car is clearly a WE4.

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
A special T is a T-type (any color) with a GN interior, no idea on the numbers but they were pretty rare. I do seem to see more WH-1's floating around than GNX's though, maybe because more people actually drive them rather than velvet rope them.

You see more Wh1's in your area because there are 6 in the Dayton metro area, only seen one GNX sence Ive been there.