Someone just got a hell of a deal on EBAY!!!

you should be able to tell real easy if those are actual miles... there are 'poly-graph' motor mounts on that bad boy! :)

i was being facetious. the add, i would assume, should have read poly-urethane motor mounts. a poly-graph is a lie detector test.

sorry for the confusion

Deal

I bid on that one too.
I was high bidder with 1 hour to go.
I thought it was a steal too.
I wasn't sure about the mileage???
I thought I might get lucky.
I don't really need another GN.
4 Gn's are enough for me.
Do you know who got it?
Jason
AffordableGN

Betchya it's 157k

Jim

BINGO !!!
AutoCheck has the mileage at 136,000 back in 1997.....
might even be 257,000 now !!!
At an auction, where that dealer probably bought it, I could buy that car for $2,500 or less.

Trust me the dealer knows what the real mileage is and that ad is fraud.
Judging from what I see it's probably a hammered piece of sh!t !
See the AS-IS sign in the window.

CarFax sucks....no mileage record at all !!!

Autocheck catches another Dealer

That dealer should be have his licence revoked.
I guess we will have to start using Autocheck.
So much for a carfax report.
I guess it wasn't such a good deal.
I'm glad I didn't end up winning the auction.
It's hard to bid on cars you can't see up close.
Thanks for the good info.
Jason
AffordableGN

Let’s say it has 357K
Don’t just the performance parts on that car add up to more then $5700 or real close to it?

I was thinking about that, but used stuff really isn't worth much particularly if you don't know how it was used/abused. Some of the stuff was intriguing though - like the Champion heads and Art Carr trans.

Jim

I restored my car last year and had it checked with carfax. Is there anyone willing to run it on autocheck to see how they compare? Please let me know.

Jamie

The part that "clinched the deal":
3 ' SIGNAL SHORT EXHAUST
Hopefully, someone will know who got stuck w/ the false speedo POS, and let them know wtf they have.
Hopefully, that dlr will have to spend his profits on a set of dentures, if/when the new owner catches up to him!

We are car dealers and have CarFax and AutoCheck.

AutoCheck is what all the "BIG" commercial dealer only auto auctions use exclusively.
I guess that tells you what they think of CarFax.

Carfax only tells of anything that has been reported.

For example, suppose you're on a back country road, you get into the boost, you run into a ditch and bend the frame, smash in the fender....you name it.

If someone calls the cops and reports the accident and they get all the info they need and especially if your insurance catches word of it and finds that the car is totalled, chances are it will come up in a Carfax report.

However if you call a friend who has a wrecker truck and the two of you haul it off and no one ever notices, no one ever hears.....then it wont be reported.

auction

I'm a dealer and if anyone thinks they could buy that car anywhere for $2500 they obviouslly havent been to many auctions.