Some south florida street racing action

I am very familiar with this group of cars and owners, and even though they roll race for fun, the real respect is earn racing from a stop! All money races are from a stop.

Videos:D I can't get into the racing from a roll. Love me some street racing from a dig.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Let's see some of those then!

Jim

Well are we talking about a race for money? If that's the case then of course your going to race from a dig because there are too many inconsistencies with who left first or what beep one was supposed to leave on etc.... That's a no-brainer.

Not everyones car is set-up for drag racing. Different gearing, tire size, etc. Some are highway monsters. A video of a Supra pulling away from a Busa on the highway is still an impressive sight whether you like roll-racing or not.

Dig race..

YouTube - Callout

NOS 402 LS2(400 shot, prog. control) vs. Twin Turbo 408 LS2(14 psi)..turbo car has been 8.8X@15X, NOS car had been 9.5@145 before he did cam swap, before this race. Both cars have three speeds, with t-brake. Race was for #2 spot on Local KOTS list.(king of the streets)

Enjoy.

Here is another one...

First race for 500, three races total for KOTS # 1 spot.

Evo had been mid-low 9's @145++ LS2 had been low 9's/high 8's@150 ish. I was live for this race, and must say the LS2 under-estimated the power of AWD.

Video - Ls2formula vs Evo twin camera views

If you look under this video, on the street fire page, there is 5 pages of videos links, most from this group of guys and the same film guy. Dig and Roll races, most cars being atleast in the 10's.

First race for 500, three races total for KOTS # 1 spot.

Evo had been mid-low 9's @145++ LS2 had been low 9's/high 8's@150 ish. I was live for this race, and must say the LS2 under-estimated the power of AWD.

Video - Ls2formula vs Evo twin camera views

If you look under this video, on the street fire page, there is 5 pages of videos links, most from this group of guys and the same film guy. Dig and Roll races, most cars being atleast in the 10's.

Good race. Traction rules.

Roll racing is like masturbating....no matter how good you get at it...its still not the real thing.
Should have spent some of that jack on suspension parts and sticky tires instead of trying to build a bunch of dyno queens.:cool:

LOL!:) Never heard it put like that but so true.

a few reasons I see (from my perspective) for not wanting to race from a dig

the first, I can't help... people are afraid to race a TR on drag radials or slicks from a dig. On the street, I have easily wasted LSx fbodies (all t56 cars) putting out far more power than me from a dig. These same cars will walk me from a roll easily.

another reason, many 4th gen Fbodies around here are t56 cars. None of these guys can launch a stick worth a damn. Just about all of the imports are stick cars too. A lot easier to get the jump when you are rolling at 5000 rpm in a low gear.

third reason.. (which I actually do agree with) it's much easier to avoid the police when roll racing. Racing from a dig attracts way too much attention. Between the burnout, launch, possibly holding up other cars, looking very suspicious (two cars stopped next to eachother) it's begging to get noticed.

YouTube - Callout

NOS 402 LS2(400 shot, prog. control) vs. Twin Turbo 408 LS2(14 psi)..turbo car has been 8.8X@15X, NOS car had been 9.5@145 before he did cam swap, before this race. Both cars have three speeds, with t-brake. Race was for #2 spot on Local KOTS list.(king of the streets)

Enjoy.

nitrous car has glide, 2spd steve knows his car very,very well

i stand corrected if it was carlos's car:redface: all these damn black f-body's lol all three are f-ing fast and super reliable unlike most of our cars *on the reliable part* fast we got covered

I got bored about halfway through.

I mean how many times do you have to get beat to learn the other car is just faster?

LAME.

I ain't knocking the cars,they look nice and all,but the video footage sucks. I prefer watching races from a dig because then I can actually see the speed of the cars as they run...the roll racing filmed from a car makes it hard to really see what the car is capable of.

I got bored about halfway through.

I mean how many times do you have to get beat to learn the other car is just faster?

LAME.

I ain't knocking the cars,they look nice and all,but the video footage sucks. I prefer watching races from a dig because then I can actually see the speed of the cars as they run...the roll racing filmed from a car makes it hard to really see what the car is capable of.
I guess there's pricks all over the web.

ethug.jpg