Some south florida street racing action

Why racing from a roll? I mean they're all nice, extremely quick cars but I never understood the whole racing from a roll thing.

JIm

it's simple around here...cars only race from a roll when they have traction issues. with 7-800rwhp it happens.

it's simple around here...cars only race from a roll when they have traction issues. with 7-800rwhp it happens.

It happens at 200 HP, too. A 7-800rwhp can hook on the street if you spend the time and effort to build it that way. I'm not knocking it (well maybe I am) but I just don't get it. It's nearly impossible to get an even start and you have to go ludicrous speeds to see who 'wins'. How do you know when a roll 'race' ends?

Jim

Why racing from a roll? I mean they're all nice, extremely quick cars but I never understood the whole racing from a roll thing.

JIm

I agree. They cry about traction issues, but thats part of it. Learn to drive.:eek:

learn to drive my ass...pedaling halfway through a race isn't what one would call fun. only crying I hear is from you

lol....so I suppose honking a horn from a 30-40 mph roll is racing??:confused:

Btw....one would think that your so called 700-800 rwhp car would have traction issues at 30-40mph also. But what do I know?:rolleyes:

Dude, you can race from a 100mph roll for all I care. But set the cars up where they'll take off and you won't hafta worry about it.

Done arguing...last post on this subject. Take care....

I hate people that whine about roll racing...a race is a race. whether it's from a 5 mph roll or 100 roll..who the **** cares, why can't everyone just enjoy the hobby rather than talk ****.

I agree one of the hardest parts of drag racing is traction, imagine if the top fuel guys had no traction issues, who knows what et they'd be running if they could let it all hang out. I agree racing from a roll seems lame. u wanna beat me show me you can drive your car, it's as much about skill as it is car setup, racing from a roll = no traction issues so any DUMMY can do it.

Cool vid.

Regardless of the roll racing I can appreciate fast cars. This is a topic that will definitely bring out varying opinions/views. Mine is that when racing from a roll it's usually just a matter of who has more HP although there are exceptions when two cars are pretty closely matched in terms of power and it comes down to the drivers. I personally favor a race from a dig for the simple fact that it makes it more interesting because even if someone is making a lot more HP they still have to figure out how to effectively put it to the ground (which can obviously be tricky especially on the street). Again, I will reiterate that I still enjoy watching two fast cars go at it even if it's from a roll!:cool:

I agree one of the hardest parts of drag racing is traction, imagine if the top fuel guys had no traction issues, who knows what et they'd be running if they could let it all hang out. I agree racing from a roll seems lame. u wanna beat me show me you can drive your car, it's as much about skill as it is car setup, racing from a roll = no traction issues so any DUMMY can do it.

I would have to disagree with you that racing from a roll is lame. Click on Street Fire or YouTube and look at the videos with thousands of views from cars racing from a roll. There are just as many roll races as drag races and on the street I would say there are far more roll race videos then races from a stand still. Most of them are roll races. Time is not an issue (police showing up) and marking out an exact distance is not required.

I would agree that skill is a compenent of street racing from a dig but the true speed of a car is better measured in RWHP vs. RWHP and better traction. Traction is not as critical when the car is rolling 40-50 mph. Plus it's much less abuse on the parts that tend to break. So I wouldn't go as far and call roll racing lame because the set-up and tune are still critical to the outcome of a roll race. There is still a great deal of skill making a car fast.

I hate people that whine about roll racing...a race is a race. whether it's from a 5 mph roll or 100 roll..who the **** cares, why can't everyone just enjoy the hobby rather than talk ****.

I agree 100%...Its a race and if your car is fast you should be able to win from a roll or a stop, when your car is so fast that it just cant hook up from a stop on the street without proper prep,its better for all to go from a roll,just stall it up and go with it...if they insist to go from a stop,some are going to have to roll out for a bit before laying into it anyway..

its a race however you look at it,now i woulnt race someone in my camaro from a 100 mph roll,because i would lose,so that would be my choice to do it or not...

I would have to disagree with you that racing from a roll is lame. Click on Street Fire or YouTube and look at the videos with thousands of views from cars racing from a roll.

I'm too lazy to defend my opinion on the topic beyond simply saying "I don't get it". But, I do have to say that YouBoob views do not have any impact on whether something makes sense to me or not. The reason that there are so many hits on roll racing videos is because everyone is doing it. Everyone is doing it because it's easy.

This statement is not necessarily directed at anyone in particular, but...this is my opinion, that's all. Don't get all butt hurt about it. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. I just don't get it and don't care enough to try to understand it.

Jim

+10 on the roll races being lame. The whole drag race idea is about getting your car to stick. Most other race cars I know usually cant go long distances at high speeds as they are set up for drag racing(as in 1/4 mile). Might as well be a road rally race, which is a whole other idea. Not knocking road racing. Just my thaughts on "drag" racing

Roll racing is like masturbating....no matter how good you get at it...its still not the real thing.
Should have spent some of that jack on suspension parts and sticky tires instead of trying to build a bunch of dyno queens.:cool:

Roll racing is like masturbating....no matter how good you get at it...its still not the real thing.
Should have spent some of that jack on suspension parts and sticky tires instead of trying to build a bunch of dyno queens.:cool:

so true

I am very familiar with this group of cars and owners, and even though they roll race for fun, the real respect is earn racing from a stop! All money races are from a stop.