Some other Alkycontrol numbers

Bruce.. how close is the 3 bar MAP to the intake and where is the nipple feeding it. My concern stems from alcohol getting blown into the motor finding its way into your MAP and damaging it. If it can be mounted higher than the intake, probably not an issue.

Also if you can think of some idea to make a filter or liquid/separator so the MAP stays clean.. Having a few feet of line between the engine and MAP has worked out 100% so far, but I have one documented case on a non-Buick app whereby the MAP got hit.

Ohh.. Metco made a 7 gallon plastic fuel cell that fit in the spare tire wheel well now that your car is an addict :biggrin:

Razor said:
Bruce.. how close is the 3 bar MAP to the intake and where is the nipple feeding it. My concern stems from alcohol getting blown into the motor finding its way into your MAP and damaging it. If it can be mounted higher than the intake, probably not an issue.

Also if you can think of some idea to make a filter or liquid/separator so the MAP stays clean.. Having a few feet of line between the engine and MAP has worked out 100% so far, but I have one documented case on a non-Buick app whereby the MAP got hit.

Ohh.. Metco made a 7 gallon plastic fuel cell that fit in the spare tire wheel well now that your car is an addict :biggrin:

It's mounted so that the nipple is in the plenum. If you look at the center pic in the thumbnails, it's just behind where the pic ends, it's on the top of the box section of manifold.
I've played the liquid in the line/ MAP line already.
BTW, adding much in the way of volume to the MAP sensing line dampens the signal. Using a piece of 1/8 copper tubing is also a good thought, since it mins the mechanical filtering of the signal. Not to mention rubber lines will start to bulge at the higher boost numbers.

I've been thinking of that, as well, as using a proper fuel cell for gas.