some one

josh watson

for the love of god tell me where to get the gaskets for my crossover pipe....I try buying from (insert ANY partstore name here) and I get a different size/type of gasket each time. I have 3" exhaust and I need a factory-type gasket to work with the factory headers..........thanks. I have an exhaust leak thats about to drive me crazy....bought the car not long ago and the previous owner rigged something up (sealant of some sort and NO gasket) I am pretty sure this takes a doughnut type gasket (a'la toyota type) but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
JW

interesting

I noticed the shape is odd but figured it must have a strange gasket or something...you'de think the parts store guys could get it right though....It's a possibility that whoever installed the crossover didn't get the angle right.....the previous owner had more money than sense (yet he has never owned a computer) and had everything for the car made (exhaust is custom...not a vendor purchase)........thanks for the help

The stock set up is a ball and joint, "no gasket" if it is aftermarket you will have to measure the size and cross a gasket or look at the vendors on here or call them and they may help be it gbodyparts or fullthrottlespeed, if it is a band clamp style.

Ditto.
Factory headers to crossover pipe connection, did not use any gaskets. Just a ball joint style connection like onefastcar said. I always hated fighting with the crossover pipe and getting it just right in order to seal was always a pain. It was always a crapshoot getting the angle just right. I had it down to a science just by listening to it. After starting it up for a brief second or two, I could tell if it was leaking or not. I feel your pain.
Yeah, I hear ya about the parts store guys, getting the right parts for these cars from your local autoparts store is one of the greatest enigmas known to man. Back in the day, a big tip was to tell them VIN code 7...... LOL

Patrick

Josh,

I had to straighten my crossover a little (needed to be spread out slightly)
to get it to fit true. Put a good bead of copper silicone on the socket side of the bell joint and connect them up. Let it set up for about 2 days. Haven't had any leaks yet.

John