Some Help

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Hey y'all

I am interested in putting a system into a 1984 Buick T-Type.

I listen to mostly rap. (Mobb Deep, Heltah Skeltah, Ice Cube, NWA, etc)
But I also listen to R&B. (Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, The Spinners, The Whispers)

So what I am wondering is this... What speakers/subs/head unit should I get?

As far as head unit, I am leaning in the direction of something that can connect to my Microsoft Zune so I can listen to some of my own vast amounts of music while I drive to work/etc.

The most I want to spend on all this is $500 collectively. I'm not looking for something that'll be like, "OMFG look at his system!" but I don't want 1984 Buick T-Type speakers. Dig me? Thanks a ton.

-Saladin

question is, what do you have now? is it all factory? if so, $500 is a bit of a pinch, especially if you have the factory tape deck in it. You can use an FM modulator to connect anything to anything as far as a head unit and youre zune are concerned, or like my wifes pioneer radio, the P-bus connector was $8 on ebay to connect her Ipod. Someone that likes R&B typically likes high highs and low lows, tweeters and subs basically, youre stuck with 3.5's in the dash which offer some nice midhigh-high range, and 4x10's in the rear which offer nice mids. The problem is the system is way off balance, there are no lows in the front, I suggest finding some concert sound door panels, or at least a set of ABS plastic kick panels, cheap, and easy to put in, and maybe the best way for you to fill in that gap. as far as bass goes, Best buy and circuit city always have sales on "stereo in a box" setups, that come with an amp, two subs, and a box. just add the wiring and youre set. Its not easy to throw something together, but if you shop around, you can find good deals.

I'll agree here. $500 is not going to go a long way if you are dead stock now. A good head unit (new) is going to run you a minimum of $200, if not more depending on what you want.
If you only have that much to spend, I would try and get an amp and sub setup for the trunk, and some quality 3.5"s for the front with a pair of 6x9s for the rear deck with adapters. Then save for a good head unit. a pair of 6x9s will give you good mid bass fill, assuming you don't over do it.
You can run your MP3 through the factory deck with an FM modulator. If that is your primary source, I would save for a better head unit, and start with the speakers and an amp. Buy quality stuff to start now, and save for the other items as they are needed. You don't want to buy junk now just so you can get everything for $500.
You can always search ebay, there are good deals to be had there.

Don't mean to bring up an old, dead thread. But I have kinda something that came up.

I've found an 81' Regal. This 84 I had wanted to buy came to pass. But I've found an 81' Regal that I'd like to buy. The question is this though. I looked up on the Buick Regal for crutchfield, and they didn't list much of anything in terms of head units for the customization of the vehicle. So my question is what is it that I can put into this car that I can be able to listen to my CD's?

Any help would be very appreciated.