Sold my G35 and getting a Subaru

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Hated to sell her but she served us well. Fun car..My wife Loved it!

Moving to MN for work and needed something for the winters.
Which brings me to the replacement.

2010 Subaru Forester limited, Blk on Blk with heated leather seats, and lots o bels and whistles. Wife insisted on Black:cool:

Always heard about how awesome they are . On the test drive we drove through this deep sand pit. Guy had me stop in the middle of it and then take off again.:eek: Holy smokes I was shocked!!! No wheel hop, no understeer while turning, no fish tailing, etc. thing just drove through it like it was nothing WOW!!!!!!!!

Initially was going to get the XT turbo model but, man they are stupid expensive and none to be found in this part of the country and would have to get one shipped in from waay off they just couldnt get right with the price anyways.:mad:

We pick it up Monday...SCORE.

And spare me the ricer crap comments. My freaking Harleys speedo guts are made in Japan.:D. Dont get me started

Attachments

• G35.jpg
    G35.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 250
hello people; In New England I'am seeing more and more of the Forester and there growing on me. Dual exhaust out the back but a co-worker got one recently and I mentioned the Outback and they preferred the Forester. Did you look at the Outback?
IBBY

Yeah the Outback has a lil bigger seats wider and longer but more expensive tho. One thing I did like on the Out back vs. the Forester is the dual climate control. Thats not available on the Forester for some odd reason.

We looked at the Subaru's when we were shopping for a new car for my wife. She had an Audi S4 and wanted AWD and some power to go with it. Liked the Outback a lot but settled on an Infiniti EX35 with a premium pkg and 18" wheels 297hp AWD. She loves it and it is a really nice car. Rear seat room was better on the outback but the Infiniti is tough to beat in luxury and performance. They were dealing on them in July paid $37k with a $44k sticker.

Great choice especially for MN winters. Congrats. And just becuase it's an import doesn't mean it's ricer. :)

We wanted a FX but the back hatch area isnt puppy dog friendly in comparison to the Subbie.

Best gas mileage I ever got was 22.49 running around 65. Normal hwy MPG was 20ish. City....17 ish.

Auto.......Needed to sell it since we are moving didnt, get greedy had equity in it sold it for a few thousand under exc Private party value. It was loaded except spoilers and NAV.

Thanx for teh well wishes

after the wifes car was totaled out, i wanted awd for her as the back and country roads get real hairy in winter, we ended up with a legacy 3.6r had it for over a year all in all nice car, the bridgestone tires that came on it sucked big time even with awd but now with snow tires i can climb trees with this thing... and with the 3.6 motor the gn can't even run with it.....
but to be fare the gn is not running.. 28.7 was her last hwy mpg, but when new hwy mpg was at 24.5

Shes home lil under 300 miles on it.

Heck I may get a WRX for me as a daily now...LOL

Attachments

• Forester.jpg
    Forester.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Forester2.jpg
    Forester2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 103
Nice, I love my 08 Outback. My wife picked up a 10 Outback in June, love that too!

I have been doing a lot of research I havent heard or seen any bad stuff on Subaru.

The new warranty covers Wiper blades, brake pads, and even teh remote batteries...LOL True bumper to bumper for 3 years 36k miles

Cool entry/puddle lights when door is open or vehicle is unlocked

Attachments

• subaru light.jpg
    subaru light.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 76
Subaru makes a quality vehicle. You made the right choice. I purchased a WRX in 2003 and it was a fun ride.

My wife had a G35 coupe - sucked for winter even after I put snow tires on it - and I traded it in on a 2010 Camaro SS...without her knowing. Told her I was taking it in for an oil change.

Long story short, she wasn't crazy about the bright yellow color so she took the keys to my Chevy Traverse AWD. I figured it's a pretty good trade.

Drove the Camaro in the snow with a set of WinterForce tires and I gotta say, it's a piece of cake, with the traction control.

Not nearly as good as the Subaru though.