So... Why can't they dyno/tune my car?

TurboTnZ06 said:
I should get my trans back from the shop by Fri and installed over the weekend. We can run with just street tires (I'm on 17's) to make it interesting.

Get video of this

Thread hijack complete, sorry OP. Anyways, I was looking at GoPro's yesterday... I need to make some hits at the track on the new converter and trans and intake to see where I'm at. I did more dieting on the car as well. If it responds like I think, I might have to ditch the 45a and get a 6768 dbb that I've been wanting.

KingLouis, to answer your question pre-hijack, there should be some tuning doc manuals from TurboTweak.com for his 5.7 chip. However, since you already have a powerlogger, you should get a wideband installed in your downpipe and you can log those readings as well to the powerlogger. I have the AEM one that TurboTweak sells and its an easy install (another $35 for a welder the bung in the DP). Then you can really track changes to the fueling at WOT and even at idle, since the factory narrow band sensor is pretty inaccurate from my experience. tuning the 5.7 is more or less adding or removing both timing and fuel. Set the FP base to 43.5 psi line off and go from there. Just takes time and the powerlogger will help review effects of changes and any KR that was detected.

I'll have two cameras at BG and will be more than happy to record this! For some reason I don't see it coming to reality though.

I'll donate my go pro for this purpose. End of hijack. Pm me if you want to use the go pro

I'll have two cameras at BG and will be more than happy to record this! For some reason I don't see it coming to reality though.

Me either,I doubt i'm traveling up there in my new show car that's Pro-Tour set-up to do a boring 9-10sec. straight line Drag-race....I'd suggjest a Road Course but I know With-out a Doubt That Ain't Happening...LOL

Me either,I doubt i'm traveling up there in my new show car that's Pro-Tour set-up to do a boring 9-10sec. straight line Drag-race....I'd suggjest a Road Course but I know With-out a Doubt That Ain't Happening...LOL

lmao. You'd never go that fast on street tires.

lmao. You'd never go that fast on street tires.

You'd be surprized,(stock GTR'r go high 10's on them) True most on here "HAVE" to run slicks AN trans-brakes , be Dumped on Race Fuel or there car wouldn't E.T. at all....(back to the thread topic!!! They have no Top-End!!!)

I'll donate my go pro for this purpose. End of hijack. Pm me if you want to use the go pro

On Are Run, everyone has to turn around,all the timers on the board have to be off???
An no matter what I GET THE RIGHT LANE!!!...LOL....

You'd be surprized,(stock GTR'r go high 10's on them) True most on here "HAVE" to run slicks AN trans-brakes , be Dumped on Race Fuel or there car wouldn't E.T. at all....(back to the thread topic!!! They have no Top-End!!!)

On Are Run, everyone has to turn around,all the timers on the board have to be off???
An no matter what I GET THE RIGHT LANE!!!...LOL....
GTR is all wheel drive. good luck on that 9 or 10 on street tires

No Luck Needed,that's just a "Factory Car". I'm way lighter an have more HP an now traction control too....8^)

I'll be sure to post a new Time in Full Street dress........

I'll be there unless I break something between now and then. You should come down to Ft Myers, there's a road course we can run the Buicks for times there. I have been wanting to run at Sebring too in my Zo6. A buddy of mine runs his 911 there. I just need to take a course at West Palm for high speed driving so I have been certified on paper, then I can run with his group at Sebring. It's only like $350 for a 4 hr session then.

It not the tire it's power to weight...I've seen a 80's cutlas with brick hard mud terrian looking snow tire's go 10.20's...Of course it had a prostock mountain motor in it.......;^)

I'll be there unless I break something between now and then. You should come down to Ft Myers, there's a road course we can run the Buicks for times there. I have been wanting to run at Sebring too in my Zo6. A buddy of mine runs his 911 there. I just need to take a course at West Palm for high speed driving so I have been certified on paper, then I can run with his group at Sebring. It's only like $350 for a 4 hr session then.

Ditto, i'm 30 year street quilified but no track certifications (Yet) Ft' Myer's an Sebring sound fun! Parklot course's i frown on

KingLouis, to answer your question pre-hijack, there should be some tuning doc manuals from TurboTweak.com for his 5.7 chip. However, since you already have a powerlogger, you should get a wideband installed in your downpipe and you can log those readings as well to the powerlogger. I have the AEM one that TurboTweak sells and its an easy install (another $35 for a welder the bung in the DP). Then you can really track changes to the fueling at WOT and even at idle, since the factory narrow band sensor is pretty inaccurate from my experience. tuning the 5.7 is more or less adding or removing both timing and fuel. Set the FP base to 43.5 psi line off and go from there. Just takes time and the powerlogger will help review effects of changes and any KR that was detected.

Thanks for the answer, giving that info on the O2 and staying on subject. I dont mind the rest of the conversations in here. Only way a NOOB can learn.

King Louis, you back in Texas yet? We will have to plan and meet up at Charlie's one day soon.