So, Who DID Actually Pick Up WIth a GTQ?

I just installed my 70GTQ today, it seems to have a little more lag to it now but its nothing that I couldnt easily overlook. I am running a 3500 stall. I cant wait until I get this other fuel pump hooked up to it so I can feel what this turbo can do.

TE45A P-Trim .63 3"/2.25"

Went to

70GTQ .85 4"/2.5"

There is only a little lag to this. It is very streetable IMO, it seemed to come into boost on foot brake quite nicely. I guess everyones experience will be different b/c of their "tune/parts" that they are running.

Originally posted by top gun
I ran a string of 10.00 and 10 teens @ 136 with the 70 q trim. Switched to the 70 gtq and picked up a half second and a whole bunch of mph. :D :eek:

That is definately in the range of what we have seen

I will say my 2 cents here!

You can make a GTQ work on a 231 motor with iron heads BUT you need to adjust your tune accordingly!

You cannot expect to slap on a turbo and expect miracles because ''you heard, you thought".......and so on.......

I was able to get a larger turbo (LT 76 GTQ) then what the TSM guys use to spool very fast on a iron headed 231 motor.

Guys its all in the tune and of course your converter selection!

;)

Also you can not expect to do a back to back test with a turbo that moves more air without changing the tune, IMO...........

Happy New Year!

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
I will say my 2 cents here!..........................

Congrats on setting the board record for the largest number of duplicate posts ever!:D

Hope you are feeling ok after your big evening of celebrating?:)

MY tune is perfect, as the fast doesn;t lie, when it shows less 02 correction on the gtq. I wish i could see a .5 second improvement from just a turbo change, that would be about 80hp at the flywheel. I have flowed and ported my heads, and i will test this again this year and see the outcome. :eek:

Re: Happy New Year!

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Congrats on setting the board record for the largest number of duplicate posts ever!:D

Hope you are feeling ok after your big evening of celebrating?:)

At the time of my post, i think the board went down for maintenance........cause it got all froozed up and took 20 mins to post.

How many times did it duplicate??? 13X??......LOL

And i am sticking to it! :D ;) :eek:

just a little FYI for all the GTQ non-believers

today at the track, Nick's car (minus the 70GTQ) but with a 70BB ran 10.20. 10.16, etc....no change in boost or the FAST...60' times were comparable to the 9 sec GTQ runs.....

I rest my case

What were the times before, with the gtq?

Does this equate to 80-100 hp?

9.80's....hard to say on the HP issue...guess that would vary with weight etc.......my guess, 60-80 hp at the same boost

Using 3500 lbs for the weight (because that's close enough :)), 9.86 gives 719 average rwhp and 10.18 gives 654 avg rwhp, or a difference of 65 hp at the rear wheels. The difference should be greater at higher boost, like 30 psi, but to prove that we have to wait for someone to do the experiment.

Now do the test with stock or mild ported iron heads;)

think you have already done that, right Norbs?

I am convinced stock or mild ported heads will not pick up anything with the GTQ....that was the case with my out of the box GN1's....my car runs better with a GT70 P trim vs the GTQ

remember, Nick's car is 270 cu in with well flowing TA heads

Anybody ever do a comparison of a 76 Q trim versus the 76 GTQ or 76 GTS?

If so would love to hear the results.

Thanks