So, Who DID Actually Pick Up WIth a GTQ?

Point is you shouldn't ban people for providing insight and credible arguments to the thread.

At least as credible as anything else here. :)

Either get on the BB sales bandwagon or get run over LOL. :p

Damm, lower boost and almost as fast as his top run and covering that GTQ field.

Glad it wasn't the turbo THIS time. :rolleyes:

Re: just curious here......

Originally posted by BigDaddy
How are you guys making these 70 turbos spool....I had a 70 from a now defunct vendor that wouldn't spool for s%$t. I talked to John Craig about the 70gtq and he said I would never be able to spool it in my 231 ci motor.....he talked me into a 70 gt with a prec. 63 exhaust housing. It was still a little hard to spool so Steve Y pulled some timing out down low (about 6 or 8 degrees at 2000 rpms and threw it back in at about 3500 rpms) in the ME-R and that brought the lag down quite a bit. I know the convertor has alot to do with it and I'm not to damn sure about my PI N/LU "0" pump...I've heard that they start to crap out at about 500 hp....any suggestions...

I was able to spool my PT70 GTQ very easy in my last combo. I could spool the turbo from 0 to 5 psi easily on the foot brake , then the rest on the trans brake.
The converter and tuning is the trick.

9.41 (I THINK) and I believe he has been 9.30's with the GTQ. I wasnt there in BG when this was goin on but as I understand it some guys had a problem with the turbo and he didnt want to tear it town, I am not stating this as fact, this is what I have heard. On a side note IF it was illegal ( and I'm not saying it was!!) and he was able to run it and he won the class and .....GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he can clear all that up, regardless, he ran away with the class and got a well deserved win no matter what turbo he has!
I agree with you Bill. But we'll never know if it was legal. Nothing against Dave he had the class covered. It's funny how we'll measure someones slicks and not alow him to run unless he changes them. But we won't check someones turbo like was agreed upon. Do you think this will set a new standard for future TSM events?

I have a 70 GT-P with a .85 housing and it spools great. I also have the cam and more importantly heads to go with it plus a good IC. They spool great when tuned and matched.

I have a 218/224 comp roller with ported iron heads and I can tune my ME-R to be as lean as can be down low but it just seems slow to build boost up to about 10 lbs....but once it hits 10, it'll go to 25 in a heartbeat.

I have a ME-16 with default settings other than idle which is plugged in as 12 and it rocks! Don't think it is very lean there either with 83 lb. injectors. Still couldn't get my EGT's over 1490.

Originally posted by BigDaddy
I have a 218/224 comp roller with ported iron heads and I can tune my ME-R to be as lean as can be down low but it just seems slow to build boost up to about 10 lbs....but once it hits 10, it'll go to 25 in a heartbeat.

sounds like your low on compression

which if you have anything other than a single steel shim on a 84 block you are below stock compression

I have a 72 q-trim on a 30 over stock crank 3.8 and the boost line on fast goes up just as fast as the tps line

it is a turbonetics single bb

MAX PSI,

Moot point. How do you declare something illegal IF YOU CANNOT MEASURE IT CORRECTLY ?

:rolleyes:

Nobody had anything to measure a 7 blade wheel. Did they want dave to go thru all the trouble and then stare at it to look at how pretty it was?

He could have thrown a 67 on the car and still won.

Originally posted by MAX PSI
I agree with you Bill. But we'll never know if it was legal. Nothing against Dave he had the class covered. It's funny how we'll measure someones slicks and not alow him to run unless he changes them. But we won't check someones turbo like was agreed upon. Do you think this will set a new standard for future TSM events?

It passed the plug test. How will we know if any other turbos were legal??

I think it will set a new standard for TSM, TSO and TSE classes.

Moot point. How do you declare something illegal IF YOU CANNOT MEASURE IT CORRECTLY ?
It passed the plug test. How will we know if any other turbos were legal??
I agree with both of the above statements except for the moot point part. I don't how you would accuratally measure it but thats not the point! The point was they were supposed to. They were supposed to measure enducers and exducers. I'm sure some turbo's were purchased based on that ruling. I was working with a vender on new turbo but dropped the idea when all the talk about measuring enducers and exducers came up. Well now guess what we are talking again. I personally think that the plug test is all we need to regulate the size of turbos. Like I said earlier these coments are not aimed at Dave. He had the field covered, no doubt. I would have said the same no matter who won the class and the turbo covers were not removed.

Red.......I had the blocked decked to 86/87 specs for use of GM hg's of the later design

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Well Buicksx2, When the weather breaks i will test the difference between a GTQ76 and A GTS76 at teh same boost level,But i already found i need to add fuel tot he tune to make it safe.

Hey Otto,
Keep us posted on this little test. I can trust you to finally answer this one.