So which cam do I want?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm undecided between 204/214 and 208/224, what are the applicable differences? I'm all about thumping idle and loudness :), but I'm also about decent gas mileage and keeping an intact running engine.

I've heard that rollers may not be worth it for our cars?

I see the 204/214 on flatlander, in summit, but can't find the 208/224 anywhere. Does SpeedPro make it? Part #'s for it and lifters?

The 208/224 is a Schneider grind. It isn't listed but 49-blues has it and my cam card. You just have to ask for it. I don't think you will see that much more gain over the 204/214 without the mods to support it. I got both my 204/214 and 208/224 from Flatlander when the blanks were available. Sold them both and recently got a 214/224 and it is in my 4.1. Just pick one and go with it because I don't think it will be night and day between any of them.

Drop Paul (aka - sleeper at delly@interlog.com) a email . he's come up with a custom grind that will be a great street cam . he has done a ton of research on it and has talked to alot of trusted cam grinders . it has out performed most every well known GN cam in torque/HP between 1000-5500rpm range that he has put against it on a EA program he runs .

Just my $.02. But the comp 206 is what I have and i havent got to really see what it will do yet I did do alot of lookin into before i picked my combo. I heard alot of good about the 206. I had also looked into a reed cam, which is supposed to be pretty powerful as well. One thing I will say is that u should consider some head work or u will never notice the benefit of a cam. With what u have now I think the 206 would be a wise choice, Just my opinion, good luck.

Originally posted by Crazy D
Thanks for the reply.

I'm undecided between 204/214 and 208/224, what are the applicable differences? I'm all about thumping idle and loudness :), but I'm also about decent gas mileage and keeping an intact running engine.
I've heard that rollers may not be worth it for our cars?

WELL<<

This all rides on personal preferance, Or just alittle reasurance that your cam wouln't be flat the first 500miles.. The reason being, is that our little motors dont Wind high enough (RPM) for the roller to really start shinning.....

I see the 204/214 on flatlander, in summit, but can't find the 208/224 anywhere. Does SpeedPro make it? Part #'s for it and lifters?
;) ;)

My best advise here is to CALL up speedPro and ASK them...... They will know if its out there, and where you can get it..