so what did you get?

Turbo Indian

worlds quickest 6cyl bird
I got a Simpson "Bandit" helmet, a new pair of **** kickers, & a new office chair.

the wife got a 99 C5 vette.:eek:

Attachments

• HPIM0229.jpg
    HPIM0229.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 295
  • HPIM0230.jpg
    HPIM0230.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 292
I got a new cammo hat from the folks...and some deer sausage and jerky from my aunt.

Went ahead and bought that 70GTQ for myself, and a couple other gofastitis items for the buicks!

Nice vette, when is it getting turbod?
LOL

BW

I got some new seat belts for the Camaro for now. Next week a 540 from Reher/Morrison goes on order.Thats when the real Xmas is.:D :biggrin: :) :cool: :p ;) :smile: :tongue: :rolleyes:

I got some new seat belts for the Camaro for now. Next week a 540 from Reher/Morrison goes on order.Thats when the real Xmas is.:D :biggrin: :) :cool: :p ;) :smile: :tongue: :rolleyes:

I live with fear and excitement everyday. She even lets me go raceing on the weekends

I just caught that one, LOL ...NICE!:biggrin:

BW

stuff

i got a set of GNX wheels for christmas and a buick GN dealership poster.

Well I got Razors alky for my TTA, the new power logger, and a linex for my truck bed. Can't wait install the alky on the TTA and dads GN now.

Jason

I blow money on my car all year long so at Xmas time I usually don't get anything for the car. I got a couple hundy in gift certificates that I will probably use for new drag radials in the spring.

I wanted something totally different, instead of spending money on my toy (the GN) I wanted a toy. So I got a truck, a 1/10 scale truck. 4WD, oil-filled shocks, over-sized tires, aluminum frame, .25 CID nitro engine. It will ride a wheelie an entire block. That is until I ripped the wheelie bar off of it when I spun it into a curb. It's been a rough couple of days for the little truck (I got it a couple of days early). I've broken a bunch of stuff already but it's been a blast. It will go almost 50 MPH, too, which teaches you respect for corners and inanimate objects. I'm also learning the nuances of tuning a tiny 2-cycle engine. Very frustrating.

It's my first nitromethane vehicle and it's kind of an entry-level model but I really like it.

Jim

Attachments

• tt_body_on.jpg
    tt_body_on.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 222
I blow money on my car all year long so at Xmas time I usually don't get anything for the car. I got a couple hundy in gift certificates that I will probably use for new drag radials in the spring.

I wanted something totally different, instead of spending money on my toy (the GN) I wanted a toy. So I got a truck, a 1/10 scale truck. 4WD, oil-filled shocks, over-sized tires, aluminum frame, .25 CID nitro engine. It will ride a wheelie an entire block. That is until I ripped the wheelie bar off of it when I spun it into a curb. It's been a rough couple of days for the little truck (I got it a couple of days early). I've broken a bunch of stuff already but it's been a blast. It will go almost 50 MPH, too, which teaches you respect for corners and inanimate objects. I'm also learning the nuances of tuning a tiny 2-cycle engine. Very frustrating.

It's my first nitromethane vehicle and it's kind of an entry-level model but I really like it.

Jim

I hear ya bro, this past september i purchased this WATCH THE VIDEO, ITS LOUD!

Traxxas Jato 3.3 RTR Nitro RC Stadium Truck (65+ mph)

When i got mine, it was really really rich and i had to lean it out.
Did you break the motor in as specified by the cards that came with it?
Do you have one of those infarred shot gun style temperature reading tools to check EGT after a long pull?

Everyone at work (t-top packing buddies :smile: ) has traxxas with upgraded motors, and or boats with weed eater motors and ect. Even a huge 3 foot long buggy with a upgraded stroker motor... The buggy RTR was 1000.00, plus pipe, plus the new motor and tires.

I NEVER have owned a RC car and jumped into this 65+ 2wd nitro car, they told me it was like going from a BMX to getting a turbo hyabusa!

I went thru my first set of tires the first day, i kept blowing them off the rim even glueing them back on, they are alot of fun i tell ya!

How much fuel have you gone thru:biggrin:

BW

I hear ya bro, this past september i purchased this WATCH THE VIDEO, ITS LOUD!

Traxxas Jato 3.3 RTR Nitro RC Stadium Truck (65+ mph)

When i got mine, it was really really rich and i had to lean it out.
Did you break the motor in as specified by the cards that came with it?
Do you have one of those infarred shot gun style temperature reading tools to check EGT after a long pull?

Everyone at work (t-top packing buddies :smile: ) has traxxas with upgraded motors, and or boats with weed eater motors and ect. Even a huge 3 foot long buggy with a upgraded stroker motor... The buggy RTR was 1000.00, plus pipe, plus the new motor and tires.

I NEVER have owned a RC car and jumped into this 65+ 2wd nitro car, they told me it was like going from a BMX to getting a turbo hyabusa!

I went thru my first set of tires the first day, i kept blowing them off the rim even glueing them back on, they are alot of fun i tell ya!

How much fuel have you gone thru:biggrin:

BW

That Jato is pretty sick.

I tried to break it in the way they instructed, but I had to lean it way out, too. It just wouldn't run at the setting they indicated I needed to keep it at for break-in. The cold weather doesn't help either. I'm still having trouble with transition off of high-RPM back to idle. It will stall. I need to goof around with it some more. I don't have a temp gauge yet either. Someone told me to just spit on it. If it sizzles, it's too hot.

I've gone through about a quart of fuel in 3 days. Technically it's still breaking in, I guess. It's covered in mud and the body is all scraped up from rolling it. The purple anodized cylinder head is now scraped to a shiny silver color from riding upside-down on the pavement.

This is the video that sold me on it:
http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/towc03.mpg

Jim

That truck looks like alot of fun! The downside to mine is that its a 2wd, but i wanted that 65mph and everyone elses 4x4 traxxas at work was doing almost 45-50 with the 3.3 motor.

Try turning up the idle trim on the hand control setting, does your controller have that?
I always have had mine where the idle is set high enough, the car will not move when its on the ground, but the tires will surely move if its upside down after you flipped it over.

I dont know much about them, and havent mess with mine in over a month, but we did have to use the factory fuel line hose squinch down thingy to get it leaned out for the base.

Then use the carb controls to finish the tune.
I run mine rich in the summer so it takes a few passes to get the motor warmed up and it kinda runs a tad rich once you first start driving it.
But once its warmed up, WHEEEELIEEEEE TIME..
Its too much power for a old street, i have to use newly paved streets or the tires blow away.

BW

That truck looks like alot of fun! The downside to mine is that its a 2wd, but i wanted that 65mph and everyone elses 4x4 traxxas at work was doing almost 45-50 with the 3.3 motor.

Try turning up the idle trim on the hand control setting, does your controller have that?
I always have had mine where the idle is set high enough, the car will not move when its on the ground, but the tires will surely move if its upside down after you flipped it over.

I dont know much about them, and havent mess with mine in over a month, but we did have to use the factory fuel line hose squinch down thingy to get it leaned out for the base.

Then use the carb controls to finish the tune.
I run mine rich in the summer so it takes a few passes to get the motor warmed up and it kinda runs a tad rich once you first start driving it.
But once its warmed up, WHEEEELIEEEEE TIME..
Its too much power for a old street, i have to use newly paved streets or the tires blow away.

BW

I messed with the idle stop screw and shouldn't have. They respond so dramatically to the smallest turn of a tiny screw. The controller will allow me to adjust the trim to bump up the idle, but the manual says not to do that. It says to adjust it with the idle stopscrew. I like adjusting the controller trim, though, because it makes the throttle response a lot more crisp. The down side is that the same servo does the brakes so I have to balance the throttle with the brakes. It does stop nice though. Since the brake is on the center gear, and there is a single shaft driving both differentials you get front and rear braking simultaneously. The only problem is that braking too hard will flip it over its nose.

I still think it's idling low, especially based on your description. My brother has one, too, and it idles a lot faster. But it's a much smaller engine (about half the size).

I haven't messed with the fuel lines, mostly just the high-speed screw on the carb. I'm going to try leaning out the low-speed screw next. I think it's loading up at low RPMs which makes that transition from high-to-low RPMs a problem.

Jim

I got a Simpson "Bandit" helmet, a new pair of **** kickers, & a new office chair.

the wife got a 99 C5 vette.:eek:

NICE BUDDY! Glad you found one. Plenty of A/T's but no hand shakers!

I got a nice ring to replace the one I lost, (cough, got stolen) and got to see my kids have a blast so I had a great one!