So Whad do you do/Whats your Occupation

Lab Associate for Church & Dwight (the makers of Arm & Hammer baking soda) R&D. I do process development for the following products:
- Arm & Hammer, Aim & Close-Up toothpaste
- Arrid XX deodorant
- Nair hair removers
- Kaboom / OxiClean cleaners (RIP, Billy Mays)
- Trojan condoms & personal lubes
- Orajel pain relievers

Lab Associate for Church & Dwight (the makers of Arm & Hammer baking soda) R&D. I do process development for the following products:
- Arrid XX deodorant
- Nair hair removers
- Orajel pain relievers

kirban 2 cents worth:

here is a question you can probably answer.....concerning arm and & hammer product.....how did they discover or determine that by putting some of their product mixed with water disolves all that battery acid around battery terminals...not so much our style, but the older top posts especially on cars that sit....was it dumb luck?

That and sitting in refrigators is all I have ever seen it used for....

Just curious.....since its automotive related...

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth:

here is a question you can probably answer.....concerning arm and & hammer product.....how did they discover or determine that by putting some of their product mixed with water disolves all that battery acid around battery terminals...not so much our style, but the older top posts especially on cars that sit....was it dumb luck?

That and sitting in refrigators is all I have ever seen it used for....

Just curious.....since its automotive related...

kirbanperformance.com
Dennis, Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate has been used for many years as a cleaning agent in many households, whether polishing teeth (before toothpaste was invented) or pots and pans.

One of its biggest claims is that it is an acid neutralizer. This is where the battery terminal cleaning comes into play.

Director of Engineering for 2 TV stations 15+ years, never a dull day, it's always something new :)

LMAO... you must own a car wash

How'd you know? :biggrin:

I do all kinds of different things from electric to pluming to hvac to automation and controls to automotive. I also weld do concrete and roofing.
O and a heavy equipment operator too. Bob cat's, front end loaders, road graders, excavators, track dozer's and what not.

The fun never ends.

- Arrid XX deodorant
- Nair hair removers
- Orajel pain relievers

Hook a brotha up with a few 50 lb bags of Armex flow formula blasting soda.

Dennis, Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate has been used for many years as a cleaning agent in many households, whether polishing teeth (before toothpaste was invented) or pots and pans.

One of its biggest claims is that it is an acid neutralizer. This is where the battery terminal cleaning comes into play.

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate the answer chemistry was not my strong suit in high school one reason I had to attend summer school one year!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Installed carpet for 15yrs, economy stopped that. Now i work for cablevision as a tech. Well at least its free cable(includes playboy), telephone, and internet.

Feds

I work for the Gov. managing non-tactical vehicles for various agencies. I didn't exactly go to school for it, but with the way the economy is right now I'm glad for the job security. Pay isint bad, I'm not going to get rich, but I won't be broke either. Retirement and Thrift Savings Plan are supurb! :biggrin: