So Whad do you do/Whats your Occupation

Artist/designer/illustrator. I've made a living doing this for 40 years and really never considered it as "work". Paul

U.S. Air Force for four years and eight months.Security Forces was my job. Switched over to the Army three years ago and became a paper pusher. Been in about eight years now. Currently in Iraq only ten more months to go.:mad:

You know that petty a$$ that drives thru your neighborhood and writes down everyone who needs to cut their lawn, or move their trash can out of sight?! That me. I manage HOAs...someone save me please.
Did commercial real estate sales prior to the slump...
Was residential electrician 10 years..... worked for Chic Fil A opening new stores ages ago...prob should have stayed w/ them.

Owner/Engineer of a company that does Systems Integration for Manufacturing...I program the machines that make the little debbie snack cakes that make everyone fat :biggrin:

Computer Scrapper. We remove large quantities of computers from large corporations that are no longer needed.
Aminga Almost had a 20 mil dollar Cray but they decided to donate it to the Smithsonian instead But I have removed many other types of super computers and many liquid cooled IBM's and some really big tape libraries built by StorageTek. But now its mostly pc's and servers.
We travel all over the US and get to see some really interesting data centers. Its been fun but business has been really slow these past few years as has everybody else.

Fly In Fly Out 2 Weeks On 2 Weeks Off

I've been an Electrician in a mine in the Arctic for 10 years.

Ever seen Ice Road Truckers?

I get 2 weeks off each month, will be in Reynolds next week.

2 weeks off plus your 2 weeks holidays and next 2 weeks off gives you 6 weeks holidays each year. Usually go GNTtype hunting.

Just moved up to Service Manager for P&H crane, We are "unifiying" with the largest crane company in the world. Been working on my tools for just over 15 years. I never went to college and I've paid my dues because of it. So if you do anything get your associates.

I'm an oil refinery control room opreator for a large oil company. I operate a hydrotreater/hydrocracker (produces ultra low sulfur diesel), light ends unit (recovers gasoline from LPG streams) and two steam/methane reformers (produces Hydrogen). Pretty much sit there for 12 hours a shift watching 8 computer screens making adjustments to operate the units efficiently.

A High school grad. of 93. with a volcational carpentry certificate.spent 1 year in carpentry out of school. spent 1 year in a fab. shop. 2.5 years in the restraunt life. then in 97 started to machine crankshafts till i got the layoff in jan. spent till june doing odd jobs then got hired to do electrical wireing for com. and resid. I will be going to school in jan. I do hope to get a state lisenes. Machinest is a trade that is going all computer. Dont get me wrong the money was ok but There is no such thing as a true machinest anymore or machine shop. It is all production. Carpentry is getting to be all prefab sh!t! part (a) goes with part (b). The skill trades as you older men knew it is gone. Sorry to say it but it is the truth. The only thing that the younger kids know how to do is sell drugs. The only thing that us middle aged men can do is try to hold on to the things that our parents tought us and that was respect and to do a days work for a days pay. O Dont let me forget to say do the job right the first time and dont be late to work. It dose suck that i being 36 have to do a careear change and try to rase a child and the wife is still trying to find a job as a accountant with a assosiats degree. Sorry that i got winded on this. This is one of them subjects that i get agervated about.

occupation

I build standard shift gearboxes which are 3, 4, 5, or 6-speed transmissions for fun and profit. I am a retired mechanical engineer with a history of employment with a few of the Connecticut firearms manufacturers and defense contractors.

Friend has a vintage 1942 Boeing Stearman biplane which he performs stunts with at air shows. He has asked me to fill in as a wing walker until his regular person recovers from her injuries. I'm considering it. He doesn't fly any faster than 100 miles an hour and no higher than 1,000 feet. Can't be that bad, right?

can you make me a silencer for a 50 caliber eagle?

I build standard shift gearboxes which are 3, 4, 5, or 6-speed transmissions for fun and profit. I am a retired mechanical engineer with a history of employment with a few of the Connecticut firearms manufacturers and defense contractors.

Friend has a vintage 1942 Boeing Stearman biplane which he performs stunts with at air shows. He has asked me to fill in as a wing walker until his regular person recovers from her injuries. I'm considering it. He doesn't fly any faster than 100 miles an hour and no higher than 1,000 feet. Can't be that bad, right?

just kidding, since everyone was make jokes thought this one would make a few chuckle. if you ever heard one you would know it would take a silencer that is about 2 ft long to shut it up.

Cop for last 3 years for Las Vegas Metro PD;) Northeast Area; come visit ill take you for a ridealong. Cops has been with us for a few weeks, may make television on a car stop i did on a guy impersonating police who was pulling people over with his 01 impala (ex oregon cop car). Love the job but they can never prepare you enough for all the crazy and sick people in this world. And the dirty houses!:eek:

Do you want to build me a 6 Speed box for my Nissan, I desperatly need another overdrive...............Please:)

Been working at TOYOTA MOTOR MFG in Georgetown Ky for 13yrs. Help building the Toyota Camry and the Toyota Venza...but the 1hr drive to work is a killer :frown:

just kidding, since everyone was make jokes thought this one would make a few chuckle. if you ever heard one you would know it would take a silencer that is about 2 ft long to shut it up.

I just had to comment. A supressor will only properly work with a subsonic load. If you have a standard load there will always be a "sonic boom" when the weapon is fired. The supressor would be roughly 9" to work but you can't totally get rid of the signiture. The movies have screwed this myth up so badly it's rediculas. You also can't supress a revolver because of the gap between the cylinder and the barrel. I use to have a machine shop/gunsmithing business if you're wondering.:biggrin: