So The GN"x" Is Finally Finished...

DJ Red Barron

Door-To-Door Pipelayer
... Pretty much... For now... :D

All that's really left to do right now is to put some spacers on the front wheels to kick them out just a bit, install the repro headlight bezels as soon as they arrive put on the custom emblems that are currently being made.

More stuff like a big brake kit, suspension goodies, go-fast parts, custom seats and who-knows-what will come later.

Anyhoo, here is the finished product at the moment....

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Looks great! Only thing that stood out was the seat rails, and spring that are a little rusty. Sorry I had to point it out as the rest of the car looks bitchin.

Looks well thought out. looks great.

Congrats.

Thanks guys!

I'll try to get some engine bay shots posted up soon. Although at the moment, she is stock under the hood. Engine upgrades are on the to-do list, though!

TURBOV8R, the taillight blackout was done with a paint-like product (can be gotten from most any paint supply store). It's basically a black-tinted clear from what I can tell. Sprays on like automotive paint, but is translucent so light can still shine through.

what brand on darkness level did you use?
I'll check with my painter and see what he used.

Also, the LEDs I got from Scot w shine through BIG TIME. People can easily see them, yet when the lights aren't on, the lenses still look black.

Well done!

I'm giving my white T the same treatment. An X-ray "tribute".

Again, well done, sir!
Thanks a lot!

Hit up X Ray & Scot w here on the board. I am sure they can lend a very helpful hand on your tribute car. And post up pics! :D

Ok, now for a much needed & well deserved "Credits" post...

All paint, body and a ton of other work - Mike Marrible at M&M Motorsports in Calhoun, LA

Scanmaster and the guy I bug the hell out of all the time for TB advice is 1KWIK6 here on the board. Thanks bro! :cool:

The following came from Brian & the crew at GBodyParts.com Online
Upper & lower door panels, arm rests, 3-pod pillar gauge holder, 2-pod console gauge holder, new A/C vents & trim, carpet, floor mats, and other stuff I know I am forgetting as well as a ton of technical advice. A great vendor and nice guy to deal with.

Glen & his crew at N O S 4 G N . c o m (remove spaces) was my source for new door gaskets, window gaskets, trunk gasket, 3rd brake light, hood liner, and once again, more stuff I know I am forgetting. Another GREAT vendor and great guy to deal with.

Mark at TR Customs (TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups) was my source for all of the interior overlays, shifter, front license plate, Scanmaster hood and some other stuff. This guy has SUPER fast shipping and a great product.

Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com supplied the inner fender hardware to make the GNX vents functional as well as the rear seat brace. Another great vendor to deal with.

Scot w (Welcome to InjectionX.com) supplied the LED tail lights and is also doing the work on my custom emblems for the car (see my avatar). A GREAT guy to work with and an awesome product line.

Paul Castle was the provider of the GNX gauge panel. His name on eBay is carguyjr. Also, his website is WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories. He is an awesome guy and extremely helpful.

The gauges in the car came from Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Shift Light, Pod. Aaron and the guys there did a great job and the turnaround time was quick.

The wheels & tires came from Boze Alloys - Custom billet wheels and forged wheels. Zak was my contact there. The work is top notch and the turnaround time is pretty quick considering these are wheels that are built to spec.

The HID headlights as well as LED replacements for every bulb in the car, inside and out (except for the tail lights) came from TURBOV6 here on the board. Another very helpful, great guy to buy from.

I probably left some people out, so I will be editing this post and adding them as my feeble mind remembers them.

Overall, every vendor I used was very good and I would buy from every single one of them again in the future. Major thumbs up to all and many, many thanks for everything! :cool: