So does anyone on here have the new 2008 Cobalt SS turbocharge??

Buick_noob

Amazing Hahn puts on a cat-Exhaust and reflashes the ecu to run 13.2 in the 1/4 with radials. He said throw some DRs on it and he promises a 12.8 run.

Amazing Hahn puts on a cat-Exhaust and reflashes the ecu to run 13.2 in the 1/4 with radials. He said throw some DRs on it and he promises a 12.8 run.

Do you have a link, I would like to read about this.
Too bad they don't make it with AWD...

Wow that’s pretty quick. There was one at the 1/8 mile track a few weeks ago that had similar upgrades plus a larger throttle body. He was saying that traction was a huge problem for him even in third gear the car would spin. Later in the night we ended up running against each other. I’m not exact on his times but it was defiantly low 9’s. I was half expecting him to win the way he was talking earlier but it wasn’t even a race.

GM needs to make it AWD otherwise it's going to be a waste with that motor.

3150lb with driver, wow that's lighter than I thought.

I traded my Honda fit sport for one last night. Trade-in with $2k down and rebates which includes military discount it came out to be $17,119. Power it awsome for a 4 banger. I give it my 2 thumbs up.

I traded my Honda fit sport for one last night. Trade-in with $2k down and rebates which includes military discount it came out to be $17,119. Power it awsome for a 4 banger. I give it my 2 thumbs up.

thats great! has chevy finally caught on? not really, I still wish my Prius said chevy on it! But theyve been busy with the vettes i guess.

good links, great car. one of my friends just got one, but its all riced out already. but i dont dought there are and willl be more of these things flying around soon

Not a Cobalt, but same drivetrain (believe identical in every way) - I just bought my wife an HHR SS and it's a really fun little car to drive. No modding is gonna happen though, it's HER car until it leaves warranty then it's my car :)

Wow I bought the wrong color HHR, I bought Victory red, seeing the black one next to the GN I realize I made a horrible mistake :(

The HHR SS and Cobalt SS in the turbo charged version are pretty awesome esp for 4 cyl fwd! This should slowly creep into the minds of the "ricer haters" that small motor and turbo are cool, it just has to hit their brand for them to realize it. For year many knew this already thanks to the SRT-4, VW 1.8t and 2.0t, and numerous small turbo cars back to the Mazda gtx and Dodge Daytonas and Omnis from the mid 80s.
Props to chevy also for using more efficient boost in the new models.

they didn't have a Black HHR SS 5-speed or else I would of bought it. this car pulls with the best of them and is fun. It does remind me of the days I use to sport my CRX Si, 2000 Honda Civic SI and my Acura Integra LS. I just think that GM came out too late in the game for this car. Should have came out when the SRT4 did. All in all 22 City and 30 Hwy is great. I did cruise on the hwy with cruise control and going 65mph it read 36 MPG? Nice.... Pictures of my car when I have time.

Yeah we traded in our 05 Yukon (15 mpg average) on the HHR, my wife really really really likes Onstar and I really wanted a sporty and fuel efficient smaller car, with enough room to get some groceries behind the seat (and not have to put them IN the seat). We looked at several cars both with and without Onstar (HHR, Mazda 3, WRX, EVO) and the only one that satisfied was the HHR, it has so much cargo room in the back behind the seat and Onstar and it's sporty and pretty efficient so win/win.

Only complaint is we had 1100 miles on it when the engine light came on, something about the clutch position sensor, and it wouldn't crank (it did later that day though) so we had it towed into the dealer where they changed the sensor and reflashed the ecu, but we've gotten the CEL a couple more times usually when in stop and go traffic about the clutch position sensor (but no more non-cranks) so I'm just chalking it up as the ecu being picky for now, the dealer looked it over and found nothing wrong.

A question for you HHR SS guys. How's the auto version? I want one of these so bad but I promised the wife the next car was hers so if or when I do get one it is going to be the auto. I mean am I going to miss the 25 or so horses?

I'm holding out for the HHR SS in the panel(think sedan delivery) model. I just hope Chevy holds on that long.

With my luck I'll end up buying the HHR with the NA 2.2 that gets 36MPG.:mad:

I worked on a HHR SS auto, and it was a pig. I wasn't impressed. It was only running 14psi, and it took forever to build it. I love the looks, and the interior. I was ready to buy one. Now if the sticks run that much better, I would buy one of those.

Been awhile since I've been on here. I picked up a 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo at the beginning of June. Haven't ran the car yet, put it's pretty quick. Dang thing handles like a motha too. Brembos up front and I get about 31.5mpg on road trips, about 23mpg with city/highway driving with the occasional push it to the floor and go balls out. I like it, and it's fun to drive. I don't have the cash now, but if I did the Hahn stuff would be going on it.

Rich

Been awhile since I've been on here. I picked up a 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo at the beginning of June. Haven't ran the car yet, put it's pretty quick. Dang thing handles like a motha too. Brembos up front and I get about 31.5mpg on road trips, about 23mpg with city/highway driving with the occasional push it to the floor and go balls out. I like it, and it's fun to drive. I don't have the cash now, but if I did the Hahn stuff would be going on it.

Rich

I just ran it on the 1/8 drag strip...the best time I got was a 10.08 @ 73mph. I would say wait a bit before taking it out. 3rd was a bitch to shift to on the track. I might have to already get it checked out just in case. I only have 214 miles on mine.
101_1171.jpg