So does anyone on here have the new 2008 Cobalt SS turbocharge??

GM Sport Compact Performance Build Book — GM Tuner Source

I've looked at the build for the 1000HP tranny for the Ecotec for dragracing.

Thought about it....can't do the FWD thing, but it would be funny as hell to lay waste to some unsuspecting victims.

Money maker right there, be careful in the future.

Poke around, those engines are no joke. They can spank a production GN block if done right, I'm sad to say

At least it's a GM ??

Look at the downloads and see what you're up against.

I thought about building one (automatic/turbo of course). GM has the recipe for instant satisfaction. They did the R&D and have all the parts you need, except the Porsche halfshafts

(whoops double post)

Block #XGH679 will allow you to touch the 1500HP level!! WOW!

I see the internals are not GM, as I was thinking, but rather regular racing parts from aftermarket.

At least GM wrote the books for what to do, and did the homework for us.

THANKS GM!

I expect you guys to make some 7sec grocery getters soon out of these buzz bombs soon.

I just ran it on the 1/8 drag strip...the best time I got was a 10.08 @ 73mph. I would say wait a bit before taking it out. 3rd was a bitch to shift to on the track. I might have to already get it checked out just in case. I only have 214 miles on mine.
101_1171.jpg

I've been practicing every now and then with the "No Lift Shift" in the Competition mode. But since I'm used to quick shifting my Camaro it's not to bad for me. Just like any car, will take some practice to 60' and not miss any gears. You signed up on CobaltSS.net? I did after I got it, Hahn and some other vendors are there too. I have the same username. Oh yeah, mine has just over 1800 miles, 800 of which is 2 trips to PA and back.

Oh, if you want to hear the Turbo a bit more the K&N flat panel for the 2.2L and 2.4L Cobalts is a direct fit.

I'm seriously considering one. I have tried the 08 Accord Coupe and didn't like the head rests but it went pretty good. The Cobalt is more utilitarian, no leather or little toys but the price is right and it goes. I don't know about going back to a manual for a daily driver or how well it would do in the snow we get here.