So Cal Racer Meet!

Taffy

We will be having a So-Cal Racer meet at 5150 Autosports/Splitting Imagez in Irwindale on October 16.

There will be a bar-b-que and general bench racing extravaganza before we head over to the 1/8th mile track at Irwindale Speedway.

The meet is open to any and all racers/spectators. Imports and Domestics alike are more than welcome. New ideas come from innovators, not haters!

The address is 1438 Arrow Hwy, Irwindale, Ca 91706.

Please RSVP with us by means of email. Please email Eric@bnecustoms.com if you plan on attending.

There will be a $5 donation requested to pay for the barbeque.

Entry to the track is $20 to race, and $10 to spectate. This is the tracks fees, not ours!

If your car does not conform to NHRA tech, do not even bother taking it to the track to race, they will not let you race. They are pretty strict.

Hope to see everyone there!

We will have Nitrous, Unocal 100 octane unleaded and Unocal 110 octane leaded for sale at the bar-b-que!

ERIC.:)

The bar-b-que will start around 4 PM and end around 6 PM. That should give a lot of people enough time to get some of the tasty food and still be able to get over to the races.

The track is about a 5 minute drive from the bar-b-que location. 3 Minutes if you like to speed:cool:.

i will be there, but im pullng my motor so my car will not be there. Im going to try and get my buddy with a 454 nova to come and race. But when did his relocation on the battery to the trunk and its doesn't comply with NHRA rules, until we get the external switch. So if we can get the switch and install it before october 18th he'll be there to race.

If you need help with the engine, let me know. I am always down to get another's Buick up and running. Since I can not work on mine (CHP and the State Farm own the car, not me. Ain't that some poop!).

If you need the on off switch, let me know and I will get one for ya!

My cell # is 626-622-7389. ERIC.

We will be selling T-Shirts for our "BBQ Brag and Drag" get together. They will be $5.:)

sounds great

Taffy , i was trying to do this a while ago but got little response so this is great. Because of work i won't be able to make the BBQ but i should be able to make the track and meet some fellow turbo nuts another turbo buick friend told me about this and he said he will be there... hope to see you later Mike

That sounds cool. Depending upon how this turns out, we might rent the track on an off day. We even thought about renting LACR, but we do not think many people will be able to make it. We will see!!

irwindade bbq

taffy
i should be at the track this thursday. if i dont get held up at work i'll be at the bbq also.
i can also show you the pcv setup i have.

drew

Nitrous and Race Gas at the Bar-B-Que

We will have Nitrous, Unocal 100 octane UNleaded and Unocal 110 octane leaded for sale at the bar-b-que. Sorry no propane yet;).

There is a propane store about 1 mile from the shop that refills propane for you propane junkies!!

Kevin (Wicked87gn), if you get this before you head out to the Bar-B-Que, I gave you bunk directions. I gave you directions as if you were coming South on the 605. You would be better off looking at a map, or you can call me.

See you all there!!:D

Well it was fun being at the track today, lots of good people, saw manny do some impresive runs on his stage II GN, all i can say is :eek: that car is awesome, my best of the night was a 7.94 in the 1/8 with a 1.7 sixty foot, letting off at the end of the track crossing the line at 76mph, i guess i let out to early :( i dont know that track that well and was my 1st time running there, my problem is i cant get any damn traction whatsoever :mad: i guess the 28x9x15 slicks where not enough, and i kept spinning the whole time pass the 60 foot mark and got sideways a couple of times, i can wait to get the HRparts sway bar set up and some 27x10.5x15 slicks and try it again, also my O2's where kinda high in the 820's on all my passes i was running 108 in the tank with the alky full blast, and even when i turned the alky off my O2's where still in the same range, hopefully i will figure out why is running rich and finally get those O2's in the 750/790 range next time around. ;) ..

It was good meeting you guys, Kevin and Drewster. The bar-b-que was not as organized as I would like it. Next month it will be more organized.

I will post when the next one will be.

Hopefully in December we will rent LACR.:D