Snowplowing in Chicago, guess what machine I'm driving

TurboBuRick

Staff member
We plow one of the biggest rail yards in the world. This last storm kicked my azz. 30 hrs streight. The money is nice but the older I get the harder it is to do it.

Can anyone guess what kind of machine I'm driving?

Attachments

• Feb13_0001.jpg
    Feb13_0001.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 313
Cat motor grader

not sure which model,

is this the same cat that makes the cranks and girdles??? LOL

Thanks for keeping ou roads clean. Driving to work at 5 in the morning wasn't to bad.

Here were my headaches here recently... Not the tool boxes, look in the background.
1250 JLG
125' genie

Today at 6° I was working on a 135' boom with multiple issues. I almost walked out for a extended weekend at 9am :eek: Ive been there for almost 10 years....

I need a stress relief machine.

I love machines, been working on them for awhile.

BW

Attachments

• 100_4055 (Small).jpg
    100_4055 (Small).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_4060.jpg
    100_4060.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 199
I thought motorgraders were old school for plowing snow. The last time I was at the airport(Ohare) plowing snow, I ran a 30' large blade. Talk about moveing some snow. We dumped it in a snow melter capable of burning 600 gal of fuel an hour. That was for Aero Snow. BTW, If your runnin the grader, I need to see your card. A co worker plows at the bedford yard also, maybe you know him. Frank F. or a short chick named Caroline. I work the day job w/ both of them.
Sorry to hear about the JLG lift your working on. Were starting to go thru hoses in the knuckel boom and to replace the hoses properly, you gotta take the boom apart. Screw that. Of the lifts we got, I'll take a Grove or Marklift any day.

Later,
Craig

Here were my headaches here recently... Not the tool boxes, look in the background.
1250 JLG
125' genie

Today at 6° I was working on a 135' boom with multiple issues. I almost walked out for a extended weekend at 9am :eek: Ive been there for almost 10 years....

I need a stress relief machine.

I love machines, been working on them for awhile.

BW
pays good to move them but a PITA to load some times, especially the 125' & larger. you work for RSC?

United Rentals :) Used to be U.S. Rentals till United bought out U.S 7 years ago.

The 150 JLG has to be the biggest pain to load over the sides of a trailer.

BW

United Rentals :) Used to be U.S. Rentals till United bought out U.S 7 years ago.

The 150 JLG has to be the biggest pain to load over the sides of a trailer.

BW
oh yea we have United here in Charlotte. I don't haul for them, I've been in there a few times talking to the mgr. a friend of mine has been hauling for them for quite some time.

I must be missing something here, why would you side load them on the trailers. We run em up and down the ramps streight w/ the basket to the front or rear.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I must be missing something here, why would you side load them on the trailers. We run em up and down the ramps streight w/ the basket to the front or rear.

You can drive right up and load the 135' and smaller booms and tuck the basket under the boom.

The 150' JLG is a completely different machine. When transporting it, the frame of the machine sits on the trailer and the wheels and tires hang off the sides. Its a big sob.

Here a few months ago, we had 2 on a jobsite.

JARP Equipment: Boom Lifts: 2003 JLG 150HAX

JLG

Attachments

• JLG%20150%20HAX%20Self%20Propelled%20Platform.jpg
    JLG%20150%20HAX%20Self%20Propelled%20Platform.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 60

You can drive right up and load the 135' and smaller booms and tuck the basket under the boom.

The 150' JLG is a completely different machine. When transporting it, the frame of the machine sits on the trailer and the wheels and tires hang off the sides. Its a big sob.

Here a few months ago, we had 2 on a jobsite.

Edit: this is just a picture i picked off the internet.

JARP Equipment: Boom Lifts: 2003 JLG 150HAX

JLG