Snowmobile Guys? Got Turbo!

Mike Licht

I was here first
I just got an Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo Sno Pro that we are fooling around with. It is lots of fun but it will be more fun once we get the MAFT Pro on it and crank the boost, some guys are getting 280HP just by raising boost and fuel with race gas. Arctic Cat

Any other sled heads around here?

Mike

Wow! Real cool Mike! I've got a turbocharged jetski that I bumped the boost up, but it isn't making anywhere near that king of hp. What does the sled use for an intercooler?

It has an air to air up in the nose about 1/2 the size of a stock Buick unit. Some guys in Canada claim they changed the gears, raised the boost, added fuel and went 147 MPH on one. A stock unit with different gears, drag track and tuned for the warm weather went low 9's at 137MPH on a dragstrip Good stockers run in the mid 120's on hard pack snow. We are going to find out this weekend up on Houghton Lake. :) if it runs good I will go to Caddilac for the snow races they are having there this weekend.
Mike

It has an air to air up in the nose about 1/2 the size of a stock Buick unit. Some guys in Canada claim they changed the gears, raised the boost, added fuel and went 147 MPH on one. A stock unit with different gears, drag track and tuned for the warm weather went low 9's at 137MPH on a dragstrip Good stockers run in the mid 120's on hard pack snow. We are going to find out this weekend up on Houghton Lake. :) if it runs good I will go to Caddilac for the snow races they are having there this weekend.
Mike

I hit a fissure on Houghton about 1am doing about a buck across the lake one night and drunked up...bad move on my part

not much snow down here in Florida

There was a pressure crack a couple weeks ago that stood 5 or 6 feet straight up off the ice like an ice wall about 2 feet thick. We were wondering when someone was going to hit it but they taped it off, at night you could not see it until you were so close you were not stopping. I saw a guy hit a small one and parts of his sled were scattered across the lake ...ouch
Mike

There was a pressure crack a couple weeks ago that stood 5 or 6 feet straight up off the ice like an ice wall about 2 feet thick. We were wondering when someone was going to hit it but they taped it off, at night you could not see it until you were so close you were not stopping. I saw a guy hit a small one and parts of his sled were scattered across the lake ...ouch
Mike

yeah its not bad as long as you know where the river channel is, My bestest friend owns the house next to the DNR launch, theres the rite aid on one side and the property on the other, house with 2 small cabins. if you ever need to park your trailor Just let me know and i'll call him

Life long sled head here. Started racing when I was 6 on local oval tracks, now I just ride for the sport and fun of it. 07 Arctic Cat M8 162" is my current sled. Boondocker and SLP are local companies and I have friends and family who work for both. Buddy has a Polaris Dragon 800 with a Boondocker Turbo kit, his own tune on a Boondocker EFI management netted 387 HP on the dyno.

Awwh. Cadillac Mich. been there a few times. Been up to Copper Point in the UP too. My dad, brother and I had a lot of fun on the sleds in Michigan.

Got about 100 miles in yesterday hit 103 at about 3/4 throttle, still pulling. Needs more BOOST
Mike

Got about 100 miles in yesterday hit 103 at about 3/4 throttle, still pulling. Needs more BOOST
Mike

Too cool Mike! :cool: I need to get me a 4 stroke and a blow dryer. :biggrin:

Looks like warmer weather is coming to ruin the fun. :(

Rick

Canadian sled head here. I drive a thundercat, been waiting to play with one of those turbo's on the lake but haven't got the chance yet. They are mean looking. Have fun.

103?

Only 103? Lose Your Nerve? Trees Go By Fast Over 100mph! Blew A Belt Last Weekend On The Railroad Grade Between Baldwin And Reed City @ 108mph On My 72oo Mile 2003 F7. It Also Was Still Pulling.

I love the way those things sit. From the front they look just like pissed off hornets.

Cant believe turbo kits are factory now for snowmobiles or snowmachines or whatever you wanna call them.

Only 103? Lose Your Nerve? Trees Go By Fast Over 100mph! Blew A Belt Last Weekend On The Railroad Grade Between Baldwin And Reed City @ 108mph On My 72oo Mile 2003 F7. It Also Was Still Pulling.

No nerve problems, still breaking it in and not supposed to go to WOT yet. :wink: Going to try for 125 this weekend
Mike

Warranty

They Told Me The Same Thing When I Bought Mine New,
Its Under Warranty, So I Broke It In Just Like I Was Going To Ride It!
Full Throttle From Day One! 7200 Mi Now Its On Its 3rd Belt, Third Set Of Spark Plugs, Third Suspension, Motor Has Not Been Touched.
Great Sled!

They Told Me The Same Thing When I Bought Mine New,
Its Under Warranty, So I Broke It In Just Like I Was Going To Ride It!
Full Throttle From Day One! 7200 Mi Now Its On Its 3rd Belt, Third Set Of Spark Plugs, Third Suspension, Motor Has Not Been Touched.
Great Sled!

Thats the way it should be done:biggrin: and why do you capitalize every word?